01-07 Ford Taurus....never want to see one again!

pbalentine

Ive done 3 Ford taurus' and all three are the worst tint jobs I've ever done. The last one I did a week I got a complaint on, so I went there yesterday and it was basically a bunch of contamination from the felt and creases on the rear rollups. I went ahead and redid the rears, but this time i removed the panels, but i didn't make much of a difference. I hear you can pull the felt seals around the window, but they looked like a beotch to get back in.

I'm never doing this car again, It just not meant to be tinted, the rear rollups don't even go down all the way, so you can tape the felt. Plus, I hear you can only remove the felt on 2000-2003 models, so i don't see the point in doing this car when you can only get the 2000-2003's models to come out clean.

Theres lots of advice on the Taurus on here, but this advice wasn't mentioned....."DON'T TINT THIS CAR!"

I taped what i could b/c the rears only roll down half way(nice one ford). I pulled the bottom seal, I just didn't want to chance taking the felt out and the plastic molding that I had to take off already had a bunch of clips broken. This cars just has to many problems and I don't think I lose out on much by not tinting it at all. If this gen of the taurus was as popular as say a toyota camry/corrolla, then i would learn to tint it.

I've done enough of them now that they are a piece of cake to me, last one i did about a month ago was i would say 99% perfect..I don't tape the felt or pull anything, want to make sure you don't cut the sides big, use alot of soap and slap er in...I used to hate them though :lol Heck i even got the old sable's down pat too :console

so what if the window only goes down half way....lots of cars are like that....you can still tape the felt...if you know what you are doing. :beer

I never had a problem with those cars.

I've taped plenty of cars where the window only goes half way down, but this one i could only get the tape about 1/2 a inch from the side on the part that only goes half way down.

I just don't see any way in tinting this car perfect without taking off the molding that goes over the felt and the felt around the window. Theres just to much shiat that can break. If i was in a shop, i wouldn't mind taking it apart, but im mobile, so I'm not taking stuff apart, while they watch.

I did quite a few of those back when they were new. A friend had a glass shop hehad the film acct for the local Ford dealer. He would book the car and before I got there all 4 roll ups would be out of the car and on the bench. He could have all of them out in 20 minutes. Otherwise they just blow,

Archived