Phone App.

If you could have any iPhone/Droid App. to help you on the job (either flat glass or auto) what would it do?

I think it would be cool to have an app that would let you input some window sizes and make notes (like an estimate sheet) with the ability email/export to an excel spreadsheet. It would not be something that I used all of the time, but it would be nice in case I got into a bind!

Tim

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you could have any iPhone/Droid App. to help you on the job (either flat glass or auto) what would it do?

Tint windows for me so I could sit on TD all day and shoot the :poke with these guys. :spit

Guest DarksideAutoSolutions

Idk if anyone else feels the same way but I'd like the progrom, i think their name is, "sunset publications" to be an app. It'd help me be able to estimate and schedule while im not even in the shop. That would be helpful in my opinion. Anything to make my job easier and make the shop run smoother :spit

I used to use my PDA - a Dell Axim - for editing an Excel spreadsheet I have configured to calculate measurements and stuff for FG... but it was too small. I don't have a smartphone yet, but I'd think it would be just as much of a pain as the Axim was....

Recently I got a tablet, which is much nicer since it's a whole heck of a lot larger. So now I can input everything into my spreadsheet without only being able to see two numbers at a time. lol It figures out the sq/ft'age of all the windows.... then I use my calendar app to book the jobs..... which syncs up to the cloud and back down to my desktop at my office.

The one thing which I would like to have, and I might be able to program excel to do it, is to figure out how much film I need. I know one of the film manu's has this as an app.... I think for the iPhone so it wouldn't work on my tablet, but if they can do it I'm sure it's possible.

Now I do it manually in the speadsheet... which is still better then on paper.

So that's what I want...not only give me the sq/ft, but give me how much film I need.

I used to use my PDA - a Dell Axim - for editing an Excel spreadsheet I have configured to calculate measurements and stuff for FG... but it was too small. I don't have a smartphone yet, but I'd think it would be just as much of a pain as the Axim was....

Recently I got a tablet, which is much nicer since it's a whole heck of a lot larger. So now I can input everything into my spreadsheet without only being able to see two numbers at a time. lol It figures out the sq/ft'age of all the windows.... then I use my calendar app to book the jobs..... which syncs up to the cloud and back down to my desktop at my office.

The one thing which I would like to have, and I might be able to program excel to do it, is to figure out how much film I need. I know one of the film manu's has this as an app.... I think for the iPhone so it wouldn't work on my tablet, but if they can do it I'm sure it's possible.

So that's what I want...not only give me the sq/ft, but give me how much film I need.

I think we had this discussion about excel before. I never had a chance to look into it. Kinda seems like it could work with a pivot table to seperate the sizes and figure out film needs

I had an Axim 51V also. Used it for scheduling and estimates ...loved that thing (back then it was state of the art...sorta). Are you using an Ipad or a Windows or Android Tablet? Our InfoZone app works awesome on an Ipad also. It does give you Sq. Ft. of glass measured and linear Ft. of 72,60,48 or 36 ...whatever roll you choose and also with our metered liner (every 2 feet it has footage left on the roll) it makes it easy to keep track of inventory. I would really like to see our app expand to Android soon (fingers crossed)

Guest Malcolm E Boo

I think it would be cool to have an app that would let you input some window sizes and make notes (like an estimate sheet) with the ability email/export to an excel spreadsheet. It would not be something that I used all of the time, but it would be nice in case I got into a bind!

Tim

Like the Hanita TEK app? :welcome

I had an Axim 51V also. Used it for scheduling and estimates ...loved that thing (back then it was state of the art...sorta). Are you using an Ipad or a Windows or Android Tablet? Our InfoZone app works awesome on an Ipad also. It does give you Sq. Ft. of glass measured and linear Ft. of 72,60,48 or 36 ...whatever roll you choose and also with our metered liner (every 2 feet it has footage left on the roll) it makes it easy to keep track of inventory. I would really like to see our app expand to Android soon (fingers crossed)

I have the Xoom.. so Android. I'm anti-apple... and would never get a windows based device. I've never been a fan of porting software... it holds development back big time. The thing about Android, 3.0 specifically, is that it was made *for* tablets. And I really love my Xoom... and I still have a lot to config/add/etc to it to fully set it up how I want... so I'm going to like it even more as time goes on. :thumb

The Axim I like(d) cause it would sync up outlook... so I would always know what my schedule was like when booking appointments. I know I can sync Outlook with Google Calendar... which will sync with my Xoom... so I don't really see that I'll be using my Axim much anymore. I still carry it with me in my bag... but hardly take it out anymore.

Tim

Like the Hanita TEK app? :smoker

Kind of...

The Hanita app is branded Hanita. There is no way to put in a price for film, and no export to excel function (I think that would be valuable, but I am not sure??)

The app definitely is slick, I was just curious if others had ideas for an app that would be really useful on the job in addition to the Hanita app!

Tim

Archived