1997 ext cab

mikebrook_07

Guest filmslayer

i cut and slice around the latch , and just loosen the front enough to slide film under . make sure to heat before re-tightening ...

i cut and slice around the latch , and just loosen the front enough to slide film under . make sure to heat before re-tightening ...

That's your best bet. I don't slice though, I take out the pin so you can put the tint over the latch. :bingo

I try taking them out, but I also keep a few extra button around incase I get one I have to drill out. From 95 to 98 chevy used alot of locktite on those bottons , and sometimes it can be hard to remove them without messing one or 2 up.

Also if the custy is a cheap ass wanting a deal I will knock off a few bucks if they are ok with me cutting around the buttons. :bingo

That's your best bet. I don't slice though, I take out the pin so you can put the tint over the latch. :thumb

Thats how I did it, but if it has privacy glass, you won't notice the splice.

Oh yea, last time i did one, I got a bunch of fingers on the backglass that i had to shrink during install. :thumb I've NEVER shrunk the bg on a truck before.

I used to take them out, however rule of thumb for me,is anything over 10 yrs old, I won't remove out of fear of stripping bolts, screw etc. Cut around and let sleeping dogs lie :thumb

Archived