21 Feet Up In The Air?

What do you guys recommend for getting up to windows where the window tops are 21" in the air? The big problem is that the dimensions are 72"x60"... We will not be using two extension ladders put together for many reasons.

What do you suggest to get up there? Has anyone used scaffolding or anything else I have never heard of that worked well?

Thank you for the input!

Tim

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you suggest to get up there?

Mexicans, but then I have problems getting more than about 5\' in the air.

Though on a more serious note, we used a cherry picker for a job like that and it worked like a champ.

BannerPlant_01_jpg.jpg

One guy drove. apply the film at one side, drive across while unrolling the film.

Used it on the silver windows ont he building

rich.jpg

Guest scottydosnntkno

If you don't want to go the ladder route then your only option is scaffolding. With that big of a piece of film it'll be a hell of a lot easier with two guys, so you can put two sections of scaffolding next to eachother. Three sections high two wide should be plenty, 21' isn't crazy high

Guest Retnitorp
What do you guys recommend for getting up to windows where the window tops are 21" in the air? The big problem is that the dimensions are 72"x60"... We will not be using two extension ladders put together for many reasons.

What do you suggest to get up there? Has anyone used scaffolding or anything else I have never heard of that worked well?

Thank you for the input!

Tim

I have a collapsible two section aluminum scaffold.

How many?

If you know how to operate one and have room to maneuver it into place a scissor lift works well. That's what we would usually use. Safe and fast. Have to factor in the rental of the lift - if it is only a few windows it may be hard to cover the cost of the rental. With more windows considering how much faster the scissor lift is to access things the lift can make sense.

Archived