LEXUS LS430

Guest shadytinting

Guest shadytinting

Just did one yesterday, the whole car was pretty much a piece of cake except the defrosters on the back glass. got the tint installed and everything was great but it took me about an hour to get these two little fingers down. the defrosters are soooo thick, it was so hard to get them down, and I was afraid to break the window with so much heat. just wanted so info if anyone has had this problem thank you

Johnnytint.. I cant pM you... but I know what you are talking about. But what is your solution for the coating on the glass? I have been working at a lexus dealer for a year and done all the cars with the coating and never got an answer on how to prep it. I just cleaned it with pure 90% alcohol with a scrub pad before hand. The only car we ever had come back was SC430's but then we just started pulling the doors and tinting all the way to the bottom of the glass so there is nothing to pull on the bottom of the film (happens when you tuck it)... whats your 2cents?

Guest ninjatinter

Man oh man, did an 05 today. Not cool. Seals are 1 peice, and are rivited to the door. Back glass is the easiest part of this rig. :bingo

Guest only1mando

but I know what you are talking about. But what is your solution for the coating on the glass? I have been working at a lexus dealer for a year and done all the cars with the coating and never got an answer on how to prep it. I just cleaned it with pure 90% alcohol with a scrub pad before hand.

What we do is burn it off, with a torch. :DD

Archived