2011 Ford F350 Lariat

I Guess this is my first REAL post up of a car i have done, lots of the stuff i have done up until now has just been "pieces" etc.

Anyways, the customer wanted Hood/Fender tips done, and rocker guards on all 4 corners, i tried to tell him to get headlights as well as bumper/a pillar protection, but he figured he was alright, turns out when he picked the truck up he has his wife with her and she thought otherwise, its now booked back in on Saturday for door edges,bumper,grill,headlights and a pillars, as well as some additional rocker protection(further).

anyways feel free to critique, only issue i really had was some contamination from fibers, i couldn't figure out where from(although my garage prolly just has it)...i am wondering maybe from my graphtec media catch basket?(does this happen to anyone else?)

Anyways i got them out, it just made for a bit of a nightmare on pearl white paint.

PICS!

Doesnt fit in the garage....sh***y.

6074321444_99555ec644_b.jpg

6074322286_3196323da4_b.jpg

6074323686_445b993a5c_b.jpg

6074323124_387cbec3f0_b.jpg

6073785243_980a57f801_b.jpg

6074324852_3173ed776d_b.jpg

6073786427_f43b8247ea_b.jpg

6074326214_489c696c04_b.jpg

6073787739_eb6ba813e9_b.jpg

6073788283_92171c717c_b.jpg

6073788751_38153b8e73_b.jpg

Custom rockers, he wanted them "flared up" so if he is in 4x4 spinning rocks? not sure, but customer request so i did it.

it gets cut off at the door and just wrapped, so its from fender to door.

6074328548_946f05a454_b.jpg

fender again

6074329028_d8495e4bfd_b.jpg

6073790939_0153afa72c_b.jpg

let me know your thoughts! i am going to be doing the rest on Saturday, the rockers are not how i prefer to do them, but Digital Designs does not offer a rocker kit, so i had to implement, the customer was happy, just his wife decided she wanted some coverage on the door as well, so i will be adding that this weekend along with the rest.

Thanks.

Dustin

Bro your shop size is as tiny as the one I work out of, but my garage door maybe a few inches wider. I can barely squeeze a dually in but cant pull it all the way in. Work looks good. Sell them on above the windshield also its a very rock prone area IMO.

love the Rider flag :spit

i do to, just starting to wonder this year :bingo they need to bring miller back!

and yeah my shop is small because its my personal garage at my house, i am not doing enough volume yet to move to a big shop, but i may be this winter unless i put heat in here.

I know that we usually try to wear lint free shirts when we install to help with the fiber issue, but it is almost impossible to completely avoid it.

i ended up taking my shirt off and just wearing white shorts! but i am not sure if the fibers were around from before or if they are coming from my media catch basket.... when i bring the truck in again im going to wear, white shorts,remove my media basket from my plotter, and wet the floor, to see if i can eliminate it.

thanks for the tip on the lint free shirts...can you get these anywhere? are those like the under armor type shirts? or can you get lint free t shirts as well?

Thanks

Dustin

I know that we usually try to wear lint free shirts when we install to help with the fiber issue, but it is almost impossible to completely avoid it.

i ended up taking my shirt off and just wearing white shorts! but i am not sure if the fibers were around from before or if they are coming from my media catch basket.... when i bring the truck in again im going to wear, white shorts,remove my media basket from my plotter, and wet the floor, to see if i can eliminate it.

thanks for the tip on the lint free shirts...can you get these anywhere? are those like the under armor type shirts? or can you get lint free t shirts as well?

Thanks

Dustin

Similar to Under Armor. I am not aware of any t-shirts made of this material that do not look like you are trying to qualify for the Tour de France.

Archived