TintOne anyone?

So their letter says it's Tint One.

A Clayton's franchise network. "Distribute our goods and we'll provide marketing" (for a fee).

Could work a treat for some (loyal Johnsons users) wonder what's in the agreement.

How independant will you be able to stay. Not sure anyone is going to provide marketing and promotion to a business still using other brands.

Any JWF users looked at this yet?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So their letter says it's Tint One.

A Clayton's franchise network. "Distribute our goods and we'll provide marketing" (for a fee).

Could work a treat for some (loyal Johnsons users) wonder what's in the agreement.

How independant will you be able to stay. Not sure anyone is going to provide marketing and promotion to a business still using other brands.

Any JWF users looked at this yet?

I'll look into it on Monday.Bit busy today.

The heat is literally on right at the seat of these independant wholesalers because that's where the action really is.

Trying to get on board their customers as a united front secures their "loyalty"(hmmmm :unsure: ) in the future and therefore this idea tries to secures borders from an ever attacking competitor.

Looks like everyone is trying this now.

Devil

Hey Dev,

You have been in the game for 37 years...

So if you wanted to create a united front for independent business' (Including your own) that have been squashed by multiple franchised groups that are backed by a film supplier.. How would you do it? (Without weapons Dev..) :thumb

This is how I am doing it...

Develop an online system that allows all independently owned window tinting business' to have there details within a database that will allow customers looking for a window tinting business to find them in their local area. A business that can offer products that are not under contract via a supplier, and are offered by that business because they are the products that they feel best suite their customers and their business.

How to pay for it without it costing the installers a cent?

In 2009, I tried hard to get suppliers on board to finance the development of the network via sales that are made within a site that I developed, and a very small percentage of those sales would be almost enough to create the network and allow it to grow well into the future. They loved it, but it would have no direct advantage to their supply business, so it failed. And I went back to tinting my arse off.

So in short, in 2012 I made the choice to go it alone, and I became a supplier. Sourcing tools and equipment and films from the US. If they weren't of the highest quality, I would not have bothered. And I went about developing the network, that would be funded via the tools and products that would be sold online.

Dev.. In a 3 hour period alone last month, you were sent around $3000 worth of quote enquiries from customers that were in your local area. Via adwords that I pay for... Did you say anything to me? Did I ask for anything?.. I just asked you how I could make it better for you.. Even if you hate me, if you allow me to, I will send you around $100,000 worth of quote enquiries next year, and I will never, ever ask for a thing. If you want to support a network that supports you, then thats your choice. I will not give up, and I will not sell out.

The total cost, and total hours put in are so high, that there is no way on earth that a current supplier can develop something like what I have put together without it being bias towards their loyal customers, or charging for it. And if they have the chance to take a large dealer contract, and supply film directly.. Well, I believe they will jump on it... Hence, we will have a second MotorOne, and they are the reason I am doing everything I am doing.

If I can find a supplier that is truly there to support independent business that wants to support the independent network, then I will take a step back, and get back to my life and my family, until then, my family believe that I am doing the right thing for an industry that has provided us with a home and good life.

Time will tell the truth...

So if Tint One become the second MotorOne, they would be MotorTwo? Then they would be at second base... As far as Third base goes, I only get there on fathers day..

Has anyone been around to home base before? :D

Yep, I'm not bragging ... but I've been there twice now (got 2 great kids)

.........BUT you have to slide in while the catcher's not looking :evilgrin

Archived