I'm back! Australia adventure.

Just got back yesterday from my adventure in Australia, had an absolute blast. Thought I'd let everyone know I'm still alive and kicking.

Here are a few teasers from the trip, it was a real eye opener and great to experience another culture (although its pretty similar to ours).

The one thing I took from this trip was that we Americans travel and vacation far too little. When I told people I'd be gone for three weeks here they were amazed, over there they asked "why such a short trip?". After some time there I got it, life is too short not to get out and enjoy the world, yes I had to make sacrifices to pull this trip off but it was so worth it and everything ran smoothly while away. Its tough to let go of the wheel for a while and get away but it was so worth it. We all dream to do this or that and never just take action and go for it, so if I can offer any advice its just go for it. We had no plans or ideas of what we would do or where we would stay when we arrived and it was a blast.

I traveled with two good friends for a while and alone for the last leg. We flew into Sydney and did a week there then went up to Brisbane and the Gold Coast for a week. Surfed a bunch and did a dive at Byron Bay. After that I scooted up to the Whitsundays and did a few more dives in the Great Barrier Reef and hung out on a deserted island for a day. Such an awesome trip. So much fun and new friends, I forget how much you actually learn and grow while traveling. I backpacked the whole time and crashed with friends, strangers or hostels its amazing how little you need to have fun and get by with and no phone, email or facebook was so nice. We did this trip on a serious budget and had so much fun.

Christmas Day on Bondi beach. Nothing but backpackers, we had a blast. Everyone wore Santa hats. First day in Australia.

405647_2621788456259_1001616806_32258630_1744042180_n.jpg

Super cool beach with a tide pool swimming setup. Lazy beach day in Sydney.

390339_2621289643789_1001616806_32258421_1895761403_n.jpg

Hiked the Blue Mountains. I was amazed by this place. So many great waterfalls and trails.

IMG_1027.jpg

The Sydney Harbour Bridge. Thought I'd spell it the way they do there, ha

IMG_1177.jpg

My travel crew for Sydney and Gold Coast. Awesome friends.

IMG_1119.jpg

NYE in Gold Coast. What a night!

404258_2621800056549_1001616806_32258654_2128933503_n.jpg

Surfing at Duranbah in Gold Coast. Loved the water and beaches here.

IMG_1193.jpg

Diving at "Knuckle Reef" in the GBR. Really enjoyed this and I'm hooked on diving and free diving now.

IMG_1367.jpg

My deserted beach day. Long Island, the Whitsundays.

IMG_1422.jpg

Guest Malcolm E Boo

Looks a great trip,

You are right, travel broadens the mind, I love going to different places and seeing different cultures etc.

I know that in the US there is everything you need but getting out of your own country is such an eye opener. What ever you do you should always go abroad at least once a year (And I don't mean Canada :D)

Looks a great trip,

You are right, travel broadens the mind, I love going to different places and seeing different cultures etc.

I know that in the US there is everything you need but getting out of your own country is such an eye opener. What ever you do you should always go abroad at least once a year (And I don't mean Canada :D)

So very true. You learn to be far more open to compromise and be much more open minded about everything. We don't have everything but there sure is a lot, I am very thankful my parents took me to other countries as a child. You need to see other cultures and realize just how big this world is.

Guest Malcolm E Boo

So very true. You learn to be far more open to compromise and be much more open minded about everything. We don't have everything but there sure is a lot, I am very thankful my parents took me to other countries as a child. You need to see other cultures and realize just how big this world is.

We always went abroad (And not just because it was hotter) when we were kids. Learnt so much more about history and langauges than school could ever teach me.

Archived