Window tinting laws

Guest chrisbiz4444

Guest chrisbiz4444

I am considering starting a tint bussiness, The only problem is that i live in a state where no tint is legal. However the boarder state alows 35% but almost everyone i know wants 20% or darker so how is there even money to be made here. I see other body/tint shops doing it all the time in the area up to even 5 %. Do you have any advise for me because i really want to get into this business but this law seems like a real problem. Can i tint the windows darker then 35% or am i responsible for it if i do? I feel that if i do not offer darker tints i wil lose about 70% of the work i could be geting.

Guest Malcolm E Boo

Don't worry what other people are doing, worry what your doing. And yes there is the risk of being held liable for illegal installs. Try to make the best out of thirty percent.

:bingo

Guest chrisbiz4444

Nah MA and Rhode Island, There is almost no point of starting a tint business down here unless you give the people what they want. 90% of people will not pay 150$ for a 35% tint job. The majorty of the people down here get tint for the look or the privacy. There are 2 shops in my area making tons of $ but they offer all shades of tint. There has to be a way around this. I really want to start somthing but without offering atleast 20% it will go nowhere around here.

I'd say do what you gotta do, if your a small part time shop starting out act like it. If you want to PM me I can explain.

Think about other services you can offer. If you can figure out window film then vinyl and ppf should be a no brainer. Car starters, alarms, etc etc

Archived