SNAPPING......

Im assuming you're talking about snap shrinking. My suggestion, don't do it? Just seems kind of pointless to me considering all 4 windows on a car can be shrank in under a minute. Maybe helpful on a volkswagon bug or something similar to that but I have never found any need for it. Maybe that's just me...

I can see where it would be useful, if you master it. To the point you don't have to wet check it......ever. Then, to me, you might as well just throw it on there and shrink the damn thing. :dunno. It's a cool trick though.

Yeah if mastered it would be cool but other than that I agree just throw it on there and shrink it!

I snap all doors just takes me less than a minute, took a little getting used to it but once mastered it saves me alot of time. To me it takes less time than shrinking but to each his own. Thats why window tinting is an art everyone has their own method that works for them.

Jeff doing a back glass

As window tinters we all have all seen this snapping technique done, also called dry shrinking and curling. I have started snapping back glasses, this video shows one of the easier ones to do. I've been able to do cars like a acura tl, a ford fusion, and chevy malibu. these cars actualy have less curve than most and just wanted to show some of you it can be done.

Guest thatsnappyguy

it is a lot faster and easier when you get used to it. I haven't shrank a door on a car in years, then again, I haven't tinted a car in months too.

Archived