What did you tint today?

When was the last time anyone tinted one of these?

1990 Honda Prelude. Strip and replace.

90Prelude_zps4f963e61.jpeg

I was tinting those Preludes from new Mitch. they sucked then and they still suck now

That was just before heat shrinking came in I think, I remember doing them in 3 or 4 pieces.

I'm glad most of them have gone to Honda Hell now (surely pita's like that don't go to heaven) :lol

Wow, you did well with the curve in the back window, Gtint. Tinted a Honda CRV today, the back window was a pain with gas strut mounts, heater bar mounts and wires over the glass.

Yeah the rears aren't for the faint hearted.

Even your CRV with all that crap in the way.

I wet shrink any challenging rear of this nature.

I have more control that way rather then a dry shrink.

Thank god for heat shrinking hey Daz.

I pulled the whole rear apart. Wasn't too bad.

Wow, you did well with the curve in the back window, Gtint. Tinted a Honda CRV today, the back window was a pain with gas strut mounts, heater bar mounts and wires over the glass.

Yeah the rears aren't for the faint hearted.

Even your CRV with all that crap in the way.

I wet shrink any challenging rear of this nature.

I have more control that way rather then a dry shrink.

Thank god for heat shrinking hey Daz.

I pulled the whole rear apart. Wasn't too bad.

Looks like a nice job Mitch, they are the model where you don't have much room to play with around the edges and because of the extreme curve the film always ends up 'larger' once you transfer it to the inside.

A lot of tinters have trouble getting them done as clean as that. :thumb

34 sets of these on 2 levels..... Swear I was seeing frost coming from behind me after I finished. Another great day with me 5/8.... Off to the WhitSundays tomorrow morning for some hard earned r&r...... And I won't be removing nor replacing shite!

post-35797-0-81203500-1394006001_thumb.jpost-35797-0-01952900-1394006016_thumb.jpost-35797-0-03732600-1394006026_thumb.j

looks like your getting sh!tloads of work 35! dunno where im going wrong in business you seem to be doing  a lot more and been operating only a few months? how the hell do you hussle up this work!?

Daz what film did you use for one way vision? i used some scenic view 10 in a gym office but the light source was far too great in the office itself so really didn't work well and i dont tihnk anything would work well with more light on the side you want hidden

i reallly really hate exterior film
have to go back to seal the edges and all panels were done in SS20 EXT but it looked awesome with just the middle panels done.

post-18569-0-37848200-1394018682_thumb.j

Edited by mates

Mate it don't come easy. First thing I did is pretty much ask the guys around me that are doing well if they wanted to pass on their extra "dirty jobs" I also go and pump a thousand cars for a guy who does a bunch of dealerships two days a week. I got a good friend who helped me get on my feet. First 6 months absolutely sucked, I got SFA work and constantly questioned my pricing strategy of keepin it high and waiting, and whether I should just charge nothing to just get some work. Keeping my prices up and waiting and just contracting was the best thing I did. I owe it all to the network mates, without the itn I would be nowhere, not that I would give up trying, but I really owe my business to the itn. In saying that, I don't muck around either..... I've lugged all my tools heat gun ladders film etc on my back catching trains hours away from where I live and walked through paddocks and farms to get to jobs. I saw my supplier with a special on 20" rolls of safety film. I bought a few hundred folders, cut up a few hundred sample pieces of the film, typed up a few nice letters with specs of AG film and really walked through the whole city introducing myself to any business or shop that would listen to me. I don't "steal" work, but if my competition gets sloppy or lazy you get your ass I'm pouncing on any work that comes around. I learn all about my product, I've been doing this for a couple years, but I can simply explain to a customer why my best and most expensive film is the best thing they can get their hands on at the moment explaining in "simple detail" how it is manufactured and what sets it apart be it te adhesive poly SRC colour stability etc anything. My best film is what i sell the most of, and for someone with so little experience in time i sell it at a rediculious price, but i believe its worth it.... I'm not afraid to walk into a dealer by myself get rejected and walk back in again and just tell them I'm keen. I haven't got a dealer yet, but I've got a few comm. builders like this. Just stay hungry, if you really want this to work and your willing to sacrifice anything u got for it, there's nothing that can stop it buddy. Don't limit yourself. I've called up massive architects and project managers who would just simply spin me around with questions I can't answer but I'm definitely not afraid to call them and show them why I would be the "best" not cheapest. Remember: succes requires no apologies, but failure permits no alibis.....

Stick with it!