What did you tint today?

Lol, actually. I didn't nit pick your photo(s)

I was trying to make you and as many people go through each of the 10 photos of the white car and the 9 photos of the black car.

But good to know you leave gaps in your quarters :lol

It is said that you are not pro until you have at least 75 cars, we'll that was my 68th car, so I am almost there. I can guarantee you that anyone can find some blemish on any installation even from the most seasoned tinters.
Don't know where 75 came from.....

I'd forget that number too if I were you.

Are you telling me no matter what u do or did, there is no possible way you could get the quarter window without a gap? Or do u just accept it because you haven't done enough cars yet.

You can be a "pro" after as many cars as u want, it's your choice, not someone else's.

I know a guy whose been tinting since the start, claims was the first to do this n that..... I can put out better work....

Then again, I know a guy on this forum whose been tinting probably for less then you and I absolutely DARE you to try and find one spec in his work.....

It's in your head mate

I accept neither excuse, however - the two quarters were really tight, I changed slip content twice and it will crease a little at the end. One thing I accept, I am not perfect nor anyone is nor turn FLAWLESS jobs each time that Olfa is pulled.  Like I said, I can look at anyone's job and find something, minimal or not with any job.

I also do not beat myself over the head accepting the fact that the quarters on the Honda was the only feature I was not 100% satisfied with - but then again that customer must had, as he called me again to tint two of the RV resort party buses this weekend - at that point I will be re-doing those quarter panels if he brings the car around.

And yes, you can always find a spec here and there even on the most clean work bays.   At least I am posting close up pics of my work, NOT a picture that is 6 feet away like many others LOL  yeah, it looks great and passes that 6 ft rule for QC. 

9ehape5a.jpg

My first jeep.. Tape the seals & run with it!

Why don't you just pull them out? The whole felt gasket comes out and goes back in easily if you haven't tried before.

When putting them back in use some glass polish and they just slide. One screw, pull back panel and then pull gasket out, easy done

Right on man, I haven't really gotten into the whole panel pulling thing yet.. Only been tinting a few months. Plus the customer was watching me & was one of those kinda people who woulda freaked out if I started tearin his jeep apart lol

Lol, actually. I didn't nit pick your photo(s)

I was trying to make you and as many people go through each of the 10 photos of the white car and the 9 photos of the black car.

But good to know you leave gaps in your quarters :lol

It is said that you are not pro until you have at least 75 cars, we'll that was my 68th car, so I am almost there. I can guarantee you that anyone can find some blemish on any installation even from the most seasoned tinters.
Don't know where 75 came from.....

I'd forget that number too if I were you.

Are you telling me no matter what u do or did, there is no possible way you could get the quarter window without a gap? Or do u just accept it because you haven't done enough cars yet.

You can be a "pro" after as many cars as u want, it's your choice, not someone else's.

I know a guy whose been tinting since the start, claims was the first to do this n that..... I can put out better work....

Then again, I know a guy on this forum whose been tinting probably for less then you and I absolutely DARE you to try and find one spec in his work.....

It's in your head mate

I accept neither excuse, however - the two quarters were really tight, I changed slip content twice and it will crease a little at the end. One thing I accept, I am not perfect nor anyone is nor turn FLAWLESS jobs each time that Olfa is pulled. Like I said, I can look at anyone's job and find something, minimal or not with any job.

I also do not beat myself over the head accepting the fact that the quarters on the Honda was the only feature I was not 100% satisfied with - but then again that customer must had, as he called me again to tint two of the RV resort party buses this weekend - at that point I will be re-doing those quarter panels if he brings the car around.

And yes, you can always find a spec here and there even on the most clean work bays. At least I am posting close up pics of my work, NOT a picture that is 6 feet away like many others LOL yeah, it looks great and passes that 6 ft rule for QC.

yeh those quarters are pritty tough but doable the next 1 I get I'll post on how I do it, still looks good though mate:)

yeh those quarters are pritty tough but doable the next 1 I get I'll post on how I do it, still looks good though mate:)

Thanks man! I appreciate your comment.  I always keep saying to myself on each job, I will get this right, we were all NEW to this trade at some point and were not born with an Olfa on hand. lol

9ehape5a.jpg

My first jeep.. Tape the seals & run with it!

Why don't you just pull them out? The whole felt gasket comes out and goes back in easily if you haven't tried before.

When putting them back in use some glass polish and they just slide. One screw, pull back panel and then pull gasket out, easy done

Right on man, I haven't really gotten into the whole panel pulling thing yet.. Only been tinting a few months. Plus the customer was watching me & was one of those kinda people who woulda freaked out if I started tearin his jeep apart lol
Yeah they're fun to deal with.

Always a BMW owner who I have to convince for about 30 minutes and pretty much push in to show him I can take his door apart so I can convey to him your gonna get a better job.

Best I've heard is for an x5 "nobody else in my street has one of these so I'm just weary about someone trying to pull it apart"

Wtf does your street have to do with the car being made differently to any other x5?

Anyway, have you done a newer Alfa Romeo? They come out the same way. Just my opinion, but I would definitely look in to pulling panels, you'll break some while learning, of course.

But you'll make getting a great job a hell of a lot easier

Edited by Thirtyfive