Anyone offer Classes in Melbourne?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi , im new to tinting and at risk of being flamed as a DIY.... I was wondering if anyone actually offered teaching here in Melbourne? I want to do it correctly and not be a thorn in anyone's side.

I have done a few cars already (friends) and want to fine tune.

Hey WAM,

This is a tricky question.. You are asking Tinters in Melbourne to teach you the skills that they have acquired over a number of years, so you can be good enough to take the tinting work in their area? In a effort to help.. I hear that ProTinting in Melbourne are offering courses, but I think they teach you with Korean auto film. I guess if you can use that stuff, you can use anything. I guess many of us learnt the old fashion way, pulling trims, cleaning glass, and sweeping floors. But now there's a 2 week course. Good luck WAM, are you going to concentrate full time on tinting? Or just something to offer in the Auto Mods shop?

Just trying to converse.. :thumb I hear we don't do it enough. Maybe it just doesn't happen on TD enough, it happens everyday around my way.

2 week course ain't ever going to happen and think you'd be any where near proficient to take money.

Dev

Why not Dev, that's all M1 have ever needed to churn out their tinters :lol

I wonder if it comes with a certificate to put on a wall? Experience tinter in 2 weeks! :lol

2 week course ain't ever going to happen and think you'd be any where near proficient to take money.

Dev

Why not Dev, that's all M1 have ever needed to churn out their tinters :lol

I wonder if it comes with a certificate to put on a wall? Experience tinter in 2 weeks! :lol

Absolutely comes with a certificate. Seen 'em hanging on many restroom walls.

They say "Please wipe your ass carefully and remember to wash your hands after" :thumb

Hi Guys,

In answer to your question its not going to be my main income I also offer servicing and repairs, Spray touch ups and body kit painting and some car audio.

I prefer to converse with a JD :thumb

Hey WAM..

Maybe if you offered window tinting as an option in your shop, and ask for a flat rate from a local tinter, then add your price onto that for organizing the work and supplying the space. (or just do it at the same price) Then just explain to the tinter that you are looking to learn tinting, so as to become good enough to get a professional finish, and could you pay him an addition to come in and run through some pointers. (Maybe a couple of JD's will do the trick?) And if you ever get to a point you have 3 or 4 cars to do in a day and need a hand, then you will call him up to come in for some folded stuff. Just a thought... I have a local stereo place that has a full time tinter in his shop, that seems to work very well for them. And the tinter can now do stereo installs etc...

Hey Dev... JWF was doing 2 week courses for quite a while... The problem is that it should have been 2 weeks for learning to tint... And 1 week for ethics... I know one guy that aced the course... He is changing truck tyres now...

You should offer training courses Dev!!! You would be the ideal person... Lets say $1000 each per week, for 3 weeks, 10 trainees per course.. $$$$ Ching!

To fill the classes.. Just offer a free hot lap in the big red car to each applicant that can do a perfect install on a golf in under 35 minutes at the end of the course.... :win:copcar

WAM, I know a guy who has been tinting cars for 3 months, and he is far better than another tinter I know that has been tinting for 3 years. The difference is that the guy that has been tinting for 3 months takes complete pride in the finished result, even if it takes 10 goes, and the tinter of 3 years just wants to get it done and go. That I believe is the difference. If you believe that is you, then I would be prepared to help you. But ethics is a big part... Also, I go on and on about M1. :yawn

Archived