Anyone offer Classes in Melbourne?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintingman

Hi Guys im new to the forum, this is my first post actually. 

I started tinting about 2 years ago and did the protinting course in melbourne. I found the course quite good and i could not have gotten anywhere without learning the basics from them. I had to practice allot after the course aswell obviously but they did teach me the skills needed. The film protinting sells seems to be quite good, its easy to work with and is a good price and has a five year warranty. Of course if you want a 10 year warranty you need to pay more and go to mep or someone. 

In my opinion go for it All Shades as tinting not as hard as everyone makes out and with a little help not hindrance youll be fine.

Keep in mind that most of the work tinting for yourself is running your business, the tinting is the easy bit.

I started tinting about 2 years ago and did the protinting course in melbourne. I found the course quite good and i could not have gotten anywhere without learning the basics from them. I had to practice allot after the course aswell obviously but they did teach me the skills needed. The film protinting sells seems to be quite good, its easy to work with and is a good price and has a five year warranty. Of course if you want a 10 year warranty you need to pay more and go to mep or someone.

In my opinion go for it All Shades as tinting not as hard as everyone makes out and with a little help not hindrance youll be fine.

Keep in mind that most of the work tinting for yourself is running your business, the tinting is the easy bit.

You, you tool, are never going to be anything close to the name your film tries to pretend it is. In my opinion, if people like you, and your film just jumped off a bridge this industry would be more useful, and a better environment to work in. Tinting isn't as hard as others make it out to be. Your an idiot. Even if this were true, that is what you want to tell someone fresh in the job, who isn't yet a professional? You should be banned from this forum!

All shades, don't listen to this guy. I am a professional tinter. Not the best tinter in the world, but I definitely take pride in my work, an put in the hard yards. I've done some pretty tough jobs and been in some pretty tough places. If u want to do this right, work hard for it, learn what u can constantly. And keep at it! Stay away from cheap Korean or whatever type of similar film..... Practice! It takes time and dedication. Or u could follow this tool and use a shite film not have any respect for your job(which tells me your installs would be below par) and probably become some $150 wonder. Listen to the pros on here. If they all say a 2 week course will give u nothing u need to know, except maybe cut and install a wind up, then listen to them. Get trained like the way every other good tinter does. Get some respect for the craft it is. If not then watch as you just come and go through this job.

I hope you succeed as I read the older posts and that's what this industry needs, that attitude. But it doesn't mean nothing if your installs aren't worth paying a good price for. That's why we have so many people using shite film and charging so less because that's all they can do to get the work. Tint cars for pennies.

Good luck, best wishes all shades.

Tinting man.... :shoot2

Welcome to the forum...

Just a question.. You started 2 years ago, but have 14 years experience?

Craig?

I would imagine doing a 2 day coarse with a pro would be better than not doing it.

BTW.. Here is ProTinting film after just 12 months.. No thanks..

20130710_143756_resized_zps4e8806d3.jpg

Tintingman..... i also did the Pro tint course with Tint Doctor (Richard) he is one of the best out there but sorry to say mate the film is shit and i wouldnt give it to my work enemy, if you have any respect and pride in your own work pay the little extra for a quality product like GTS (Glass Tinting Supplies) offers.

as i said in a previous post it was great as a basic starter and in no way would i go out and charge for cars after doing the 2 day course ive been practicing for 12 months now and still don't want to charge for my work (maybe im fussy but thats what it takes in my opinion).

yes it isn't hard to SLAP some film on glass but to get it right takes some skill and knowledge in the product you're using.

Do Not take short cuts and disrespect the people you're trying to charge for a crappy job with crappy film,

If you think it is acceptable to use this film that will fade in twelve months and prob go hazy causing a safety concern for the owner do us a favour either get a clue and pick up your standards or give it up "always strive to better your work"  

Tintingman..... i also did the Pro tint course with Tint Doctor (Richard) he is one of the best out there but sorry to say mate the film is %&$# and i wouldnt give it to my work enemy, if you have any respect and pride in your own work pay the little extra for a quality product like GTS (Glass Tinting Supplies) offers.

as i said in a previous post it was great as a basic starter and in no way would i go out and charge for cars after doing the 2 day course ive been practicing for 12 months now and still don't want to charge for my work (maybe im fussy but thats what it takes in my opinion).

yes it isn't hard to SLAP some film on glass but to get it right takes some skill and knowledge in the product you're using.

Do Not take short cuts and disrespect the people you're trying to charge for a crappy job with crappy film,

If you think it is acceptable to use this film that will fade in twelve months and prob go hazy causing a safety concern for the owner do us a favour either get a clue and pick up your standards or give it up "always strive to better your work"

:thumb

Tintingman..... i also did the Pro tint course with Tint Doctor (Richard) he is one of the best out there but sorry to say mate the film is %&$# and i wouldnt give it to my work enemy, if you have any respect and pride in your own work pay the little extra for a quality product like GTS (Glass Tinting Supplies) offers.

RESPECT????

Archived