Anyone offer Classes in Melbourne?

I thought id use a cheap film for practice at first as the cars I am practising on are my own and my mates, so I got some pro tint film.

I have received samples from MEP, Suntek, Johnson films that im looking over to decide who I want to us for customers.

Im sort of leaning towards Johnson's as a mate of mine in Q.L.D has been installing it for 13 years and he did my wife's car 12 years ago and it still looks good.

Hey WAM,

Can you find out the film type that your mate used on a car 12 years ago? Are you sure it was Johnsons? They were only really know in Aus from around 1998. And I can say with 100% honesty that every car I tinted with Johnson between 2001 and 2006 went hazy on the rear glass within 5 years maximum. And I was buying around $6000 a month back then, so when I started asking for warranty claims, customer service vanished for me. Now I just send warranty customers for Johnsons/Oceania straight to them.

The next thing that you will need to consider when you get established is that if you decide to use MEP Films, you will be directly financing your opposition. MotorOne ownes 3/4 of all window tinting franchises, and MotorOne and MEP are owned by the same company. Who cares? You will if they ever decide they want your work.. They can click their fingers. But it's your choice, which is a good thing.

If you need tools, and buy through GTS, I am more than happy to send some Oxide film to you. I do not just throw sample film around unless I know 100% it will be used. I have been in the game too long, and know what happens to sample film. And I won't have any of our existing customers paying for waisted film.

I have used every auto film there is, and the Oxide is the best I have used. But that is as far as I will go, as I am not a sales rep, I am a trade rep here to help, even if you don't use our films, we 100% support independent window tinting businesses. 2013 will see the shake up that the industry needs. I can not wait!

Happy new year WAM..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In saying that though the state rep from MEP when I spoke to him was a really nice guy and wanted to meet up in the new year and discuss how to move forward, which impressed me too.

Yep, nice guys but price their film against others, they are usually more expensive by far.(as well as the other downsides as GTS has outlined)

Cheap, thinner films like you are using now will kick your ass while you are learning (it doesnt handle well or shrink well), you are better by far to get some decent film and practice with that.

Get in touch with Mick from GTS here , and he will hook you up

Thanks for that info GTS and RockyDaz exactly why these forums are here!

GTS my mate said he cant remember the exact film but was defiantly Johnson's maybe the Mrs is lucky lol.

ill be up for a couple new tools soon so when I put an order in ill also order a sample book to go with it.

Thanks again guys.

Can you find out the film type that your mate used on a car 12 years ago? Are you sure it was Johnsons? They were only really know in Aus from around 1998. And I can say with 100% honesty that every car I tinted with Johnson between 2001 and 2006 went hazy on the rear glass within 5 years maximum. And I was buying around $6000 a month back then, so when I started asking for warranty claims, customer service vanished for me. Now I just send warranty customers for Johnsons/Oceania straight to them.

Happened a lot to me as well GTS and a mate too.

The next thing that you will need to consider when you get established is that if you decide to use MEP Films, you will be directly financing your opposition. MotorOne ownes 3/4 of all window tinting franchises, and MotorOne and MEP are owned by the same company. Who cares? You will if they ever decide they want your work..

Ruthless days hey GTS?

Devil

Hey Dev,

I wish you could talk and deal with the guys and gals I deal with day in and day out. Every single person has a story to tell about what M1 and or MEP has done to them in the past. I have put so much into creating a free network for small tinting business on the basis of what they have done in the past, and I just want to be 100% clear that independent tinters know that when they buy from MEP, they are dealing in many ways with M1. It can not be any more clear than that. It is not dark days for all, especiallly for the guys that have 20+ beside their years of experience number. I believe that things can be better for all independents, and the pro's out there do not need to join M1 to survive. I don't have much to offer someone as skilled as yourself Dev, but if I could help you, I would. :thumb

Id like to thank the Instructor for the last two day's (he knows who he is) some great knowledge passed on and great tips, cleared up my sticking point, well worth the money in my opinion. :cool

:thumb

cheers mate. I know theres always gonna be a lot of haters about courses and that there a waste of money.. it was perfect for you cause you had a few of sticking points that you werent sure about. I was always clear about the fact that no one was coming out of these courses and tint 5 cars a day. practice makes perfect and you'll make plenty of mistakes. you learnt no short cuts. you can work out your own. you got me number if you need anything

Archived