Llumar ATR

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im curious to know the type of vehicle you had to retint with no glue residue. We have had a peeling issue on a couple of atr and atc installs that left no glue behind and just pulled right off. It was also only on our lexus dealer cars that have that pesky anti-fog factory coating on the glass. We resolved the issue by cleaning with agents (still doesnt remove the coating 100%) and cutting our patterns so they sit well below the secondary gasket.

A line I've always told my supplier being one of their longest standing customers :I make Llumar look great at the beginning of a customers experience, in turn Llumar makes me look good for the many years in the customer's eyes to come :thumb

Great product + professional install = happy repeat customer

Like any other product produced by man there can be inconsistencies in keeping the product on the straight and narrow highest quality path. Then add in the machines letting us down, then there's the QC check that might blink as the film runs by at several feet per second. The goal IS to stay as consistent as humanly/machinery as possible.

There are improvements over what might have been noted just a couple of years back. Kind of like getting back to the future. I know of almost 100 rolls of ATR that never got out the door; seems it had a curl issue, not when cut from the box, not when draped between hands or turned 90 degrees to check the transverse direction for curl; it only showed up when the liner was pulled and the adhesive sprayed. Looks good, hangs in the air good, but no liky that water. QC caught it.

I can remember a batch of ATR made years ago that had the wrong color layer laminated in; whoops, that was K's of film that went to the trash. High cost of LLumar for some = the everyday attempt at quality consistency.

It's amazing how film is made 30,000 | 50,000 | 60,000 square feet at a time and even with a good yield rate there will inevitably be a problem that slips past and finds its way out into the market. Considering the footages involved 60,000 versus a 30 sq foot vehicle, we have to look at things proportionally. Between man and machinery perfection is elusive but isn't that also the case on the window film installation side as well?

I still have ATR on one of my vehicles, no reason to take it off yet. :beer

My removal was on a 2012 toyota camry. I have noticed the anti fog type coating on the glass, but prior to install the glass is cleaned well, also with APC as well. But maybe that does have something to do with it?? We also have quit using ATC due to the ocassional issue with the scratch resistant coating flaking off when squeegeeing out the slip with a blue max. I was told that could be due to when the film passed thru the I.r. curing, something could have been out of whack with the machine. Unfortunately it was on more than one roll, & different v.l.t.'s

* Also great info Smartie... Thx!!

working with ATR for over 15 years I have also noticed the film has more of a rubber feel or softer feel for better words. as far as it coming off with no glue I would of thought to be amazing. there is other manufactures that are known for that and like Johnson Window films for that reason. I would think that would be a goal for manufactures for it not to leave glue. there is a fine line between removing with out glue residue and film peeling on its own.. I also noticed stamps in the film but never understood why waste the time and money. thought it might be for those that dont know what side the clear is on? hahaha

The logo printing helps to keep buyers honest and also serves to verify brand for the consumer; lots of (film) paper shuffle goes on in some parts of the world.

LLumar has a PS adhesive that removes with the film but it is used for their (DIY) Gila brand since its life expectancy is much shorter than those PS adhesives that stay behind on the glass when the film is removed.

and he last 5 ft of the roll have roller lines on it . They should give you 105' per roll .

That is the one thing that I never did understand, what other mannies can get that right yet Llumar cannot. The distributor is very good about reimbursing if you go through the headaches of it, But personally I think it would be better to just "fix" the problem, Or give you the extra in length so that you get 100 running feet of quality product.

Archived