The tint is worth more than the car....

I had a customer show up today with a pre-booked 1986 Toyota Carolla hatch. I was hoping it was a do up.. And as we can not discuss prices, I can just say that the customer began to explain to me that I was about to charge him more to apply film to the car, than he had paid for the car itself. :blink

Well.... The car was in a less than satisfactory condition. But he began to say that.. He has had all of his cars tinted by myself before, and he bought this car for a "Run around" for his Brick laying company, and he wants something that would cut lots of heat.

Long story short, the tinting cost more than he paid for the car, and it was obvious why.

What do you do is this situation? Really, I should charge more as the vehicle was in need of crushing.. So to speak.

But he is a customer that I do many cars for, and all of my customers are very important to me. So I stuck to the normal price.

I have come across this thing quite a few times, and just wanted to ask others how they deal with it?

BTW.. I do 1 type of job... The best I can do everytime regardless of the type of vehicle. No compromize... And I do not stock a cheap and nasty.

Thanks Guys.

Do just as you did GTS. :thumb

He keeps coming back to you for the standard of work and the customer service - hardly ever because of the price.

Your time and experience is worth what you charge, its not your fault he brought in a pile of crap. :lol

I felt I needed to charge extra for crappy vehicles in the past, but unless you have to spend time moving a BUNCH of crap around to get to the windows then the time spent cleaning a crusty one versus a newer one is really minimal when you have your cleaning techniques down.....

I don't expect the same level of excellence on an old crusty vehicle that I do on a brand new one though either....

Love a saying my 6 year old got from his teacher, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."

last late 80's corolla I tinted I didnt want my name on the job. the back glass had rust spots all over. and something some may see as bad quality on my part. did an older buick riviera too. that had endless contamination. I hate older cars because of the quality I push. and flaws like that drive me insane.

Archived