I have about ten extra rolls of v kool in Houston. Anyone interested?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It gets more interesting each day..........

Not really, someone bought something they should not have, got stuck with it, and now can't find a outlet for a short sale. I for one would not touch it for any ammount of money.

It's still film, it still does the job it was made for. Just without any warranty or manufacturer support backing it, that just means it is worth a lower price.

It's a free market, but the market doesn't seem to be responding well to it. That being said, this forum is the first place I'd go to slang rolls of VKool.

Best of luck to you.

It's still film, it still does the job it was made for. Just without any warranty or manufacturer support backing it, that just means it is worth a lower price.

It's a free market, but the market doesn't seem to be responding well to it. That being said, this forum is the first place I'd go to slang rolls of VKool.

Best of luck to you.

True, but what if it was me buying Ecolux and selling to someone in Korea who is not a SG Distributor? I would be subverting your supply chain and your distribution partner in Korea not to mention all of the dealers that buy from that distrbutor. I'm sure SG would not take kindly to that?

That is basically what is happening here... could be a different country though.

Still a free country. Might burn some bridges ..... I'm not sure how the original sale went down and why this guy can't return it..... Need to read the threads again. I'm pretty sure I mentioned on another thread that here in the US all VKOOL was the same for auto and flat glass. Hate shrinking the 70. All good nice and slow and then bammm Burned!

Been awhile since I invested in a roll but last fglass job I did with it ..... On the way to the job I realized the material in my van cost more than the van! Not that big of a job......

Best of luck to you.

True, but what if it was me buying Ecolux and selling to someone in Korea who is not a SG Distributor? I would be subverting your supply chain and your distribution partner in Korea not to mention all of the dealers that buy from that distrbutor. I'm sure SG would not take kindly to that?

That is basically what is happening here... could be a different country though.

Yep, but Houston VKool decided to unload 10 rolls of VKool to an easily identifiable non window film dealer with intents of resell. This one falls back on greed originating at Houston Vkool. Distributors should be held at a higher level of accountabily than dealers towards thwarting efforts of overseas resell, which was the only intent of this individual's purchase.

If he decides to take an offer, it'll be far less than what he paid, and probably by the roll, not all at once. His best bet is to go back to Houston VKool and take a 50% or so restocking fee hit. They'd probably do it especially if they know it's getting this much tint community attention.

Anyone ever see this:

"The re-sale of full or partial rolls of film is prohibited by our dealers. This includes direct, Internet, and export sales. If you have purchased more film than you are able to install please contact your Eastman sales representative and we will work with you to resolve the issue."

"Failure to abide by the foregoing policy may result in certain consequences, including the termination of your ability to purchase Eastman window film."

Anyone ever see this:

"The re-sale of full or partial rolls of film is prohibited by our dealers. This includes direct, Internet, and export sales. If you have purchased more film than you are able to install please contact your Eastman sales representative and we will work with you to resolve the issue."

"Failure to abide by the foregoing policy may result in certain consequences, including the termination of your ability to purchase Eastman window film."

Do you really think after this I will buy VKOOL from North America ever again?

Best of luck to you.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you

Best of luck to you.

Best of luck to you.

Although I hate to say this but all the fairly large window films company are using same selling strategy in Asia countries, and that is outrageous pricing.

The price is going to stun you, just use VKOOL 70 automotive as an example, Eastman priced it at lower 5K for one 100' roll.

And yes, that is mere the price to distributor, the price will goes up for almost 30% when it finally ends up in the tint shop.

and how much VKOOL Asia pays for it when they got the films through customer clearance? Lower than what you pay for here in the States, and the tax charge on it is only 6-7%.

That,right there,is a good business they think, instead of expanding at a steady speed they just want to rip you off.

but you see, people are not idiot, at this stage, very few shop owners will buy from the official because there is no margin for them, and more than half of authorized distributor didn't complete their selling duties last year.

so what would you do if you were them? would you keeping paying crazy much to VKOOL and watch your old customers go away or would you go out and find a way to lower the COGS?

And so while lots of people on this forum are saying that I am jeopardizing VKOOL's business in Asia, but how do you really know which side I am in?

Archived