3m presitge 70

If you want too become a 3M Window Film Dealer, I can post a link so anyone can inquire on doing so if you want.

Ok........So can anyone else with internet access....... http://solutions.3m....ecome-a-Dealer/

your first post in this thread should have said, Do Not waste your time trying to order PR film.

Now take note of this statement Mike. I am not reading into anything more than what you have put in black and white, unlike you who seems to know what I am thinking....or "insinuating". It seems here this would be discouraging somebody from inquiring about their film..... :gasp We all know there are obstacles to get around, hoops to jump and territories to buy in order to become a prestige dealer.... But why in the world should that have been my first post Mike? Maybe that should have been your first post....

You can say that you had just suggested it, I still stand by my reply to you regarding that subject

I wouldn't give them too much information about the job in your inquiry..... :twocents

Do you make a habit of taking job leads and laying them out for many/dist. that you don't do business with?

Read it Mike. It's right there. Where did I say anything about them asking anything....or even infer????? I said and referred to the act of willfully GIVING information.

All he had too do was, tell the GC that he was not a 3M Window Film Dealer.

That's all any film company has to do when a potential job pops up. But what....if....they.....want......to.....become.....a.....dealer? :yep

BTW, believe it or not, 3M reads threads on this forum, and they know who I am and where I work, as do a lot of other members on here.

I believe it....especially by the way you defend them so devoutly. Why are you trying to discourage people away from 3M Mike? Do you feel they are not worthy?

Mike, put your love affair with 3M aside for a moment and reread my posts. Then refer to Tom's post about what I was insinuating. You have your answer, stop making up %&$# and read what I actually wrote.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW,.....We have had to use PR in the past. It is possible to get it, not exactly as easy as calling MMM and ordering a couple rolls, but not impossible to attain.

It is my understanding awhile back, 3M was looking for someone selling 3M PR film to a non 3M PR dealer or other, I suppose you would not want too post where you got the film Tom..........?

It is probably best if I don't

I think the bigger worry of most dealers is a MFG or Dist getting ahold of project info and circumventing the dealer to make a direct sale. It happens, I had it happen to me when I was a dealer, I know countless dealers that it has happened too clear up to the tune of $1m sale...

My advice would be to hold your cards close to your chest and not give out too much info unless you can trust your supplier. Ask a supplier what their track record is in this dept. I can say we have never done it, I just tell people to go ask my customers...

FWIW,.....We have had to use PR in the past. It is possible to get it, not exactly as easy as calling MMM and ordering a couple rolls, but not impossible to attain.

It is my understanding awhile back, 3M was looking for someone selling 3M PR film to a non 3M PR dealer or other, I suppose you would not want too post where you got the film Tom..........?

It is probably best if I don't

I can get it too but what's the point when you can't write a warranty for it? :dunno

Boy vclimber would have been on this thread like stink on %&$# :spit I miss that guy, rip v :angel

:hmmm Why does everybody think that guy is dead?

On this last particular job, we were only required to provide a 1 year warranty on material and workmanship. This is actually pretty common on commercial work here. We have a standard warranty letter we issue when required, In all my years I have never had film fail in less than a year....not even PR. ( provided it was not visually faulty out of the box) So we do issue a warranty.

On this last particular job, we were only required to provide a 1 year warranty on material and workmanship. This is actually pretty common on commercial work here. We have a standard warranty letter we issue when required, In all my years I have never had film fail in less than a year....not even PR. ( provided it was not visually faulty out of the box) So we do issue a warranty.

Glass breakage too?

Glass breakage too?

Some times you need to pick your battles.

Glass breakage too?

Some times you need to pick your battles.

:lol Optional GBW... nice :beer

Boy vclimber would have been on this thread like stink on %&$# :spit I miss that guy, rip v :angel

:hmmm Why does everybody think that guy is dead?

He is.

:chin ... Why do you think he is not ...... ?

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/61818-vclimber-has-passed-away/page__hl__%2Bvclimber+%2Bpassed

I always wondered who he was, I always figured he worked for huper..If he was still alive he'd be all over a prestige thread,he wouldn't be able to stand it :spit He used to get under my skin at times when I tried to defend 3M threads but I later realized he was right most the time and I have to say I learned a lot from that guy, he was the most knowledgeable I've ever seen on TD I always

read everything he put out there..

Archived