Sick hearing "I can get it done for cheaper $99,$89 or c

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you want a McDouble or a filet mignon? Both are edible. Both can be bought at a store. But only one will potentially give you diarrhea. Ask your custy if they want diarrhea tint.
lol... Here goes one ask the customer what kind of phone do you have? Lets they said iphone. Then ask if you could pick cheaper phone named "IFHONE" would they buy it? Lol.... Makes me wonder myself I was thinking about that the other day. It trips me out to see a customer a high end car than wants a cheap tint job

This is exactly what I am talking about - 5 vehicles a month - mate , you are not 'in business' you are just playing around and devaluing the tinting industry with low prices.

Go get a job, you can not survive on 1 car a week.

I thoroughly Enjoy Tinting. Im starting my own shop with all my own Money No Loans Its taking me some time. I have a Full Time Job Mate! Tint is Illegal here and cops sit and the end of the street and pull the customers over before its dry... Find someone else to talk down on

I did the exact same thing, and im 35 miles east of pittsburgh. PA is not hard. People want their windows tinted here too. No debt, never took any loans, started out with a good film, good quality, and mid-high pricing (couple-few bills for a sedan). You do NOT have to have low prices to get started. I also had a full time job when I started. 1.5 years later I'm full time 5-6 cars a day 6-7 days a week and I'm booked out a week as of right now. It's a misconception that you need to be low. People that I come across often expect much less than a high quality tint job and are blown away by good work and send referrals like crazy. I have customers that sometimes send me 4 other people before the end of the day when they pick up their car. Why? Not because of price. My closest competitior uses the same film for lamost half the cost, but they suck (obviously not talking about you John, I think you know who I mean...). People will pay for good work. Raise your price now before you're forever known as the cheap guy.

Guest thatsnappyguy

I love telling ppl that we dont offer automotive. The only ppl that ever call for prices are the bottom feeders anyway. I need to get an automated phone system to weed out the calls.

Guest Rob@OCM

Im a self taught tinter give me something to tint and ill get it done no matter how long it takes ill stick to my price regardless if it takes me 3 hrs or 3 days which a yacht did once lol

(Damn front screen on a 60ft cruiser lol) when I first started it was in my self built booth behind my mum's house I only did friends and family whether it was security, darkened or flat. After about 50 cars which I charged cost of tint plus 25% to cover my time badically paid my own training ill charge by the car and the age if it a new motor ur looking minimum of £150 up to £450 for something like a range rover sport all round and flar

Im a self taught tinter give me something to tint and ill get it done no matter how long it takes ill stick to my price regardless if it takes me 3 hrs or 3 days which a yacht did once lol

(Damn front screen on a 60ft cruiser lol) when I first started it was in my self built booth behind my mum's house I only did friends and family whether it was security, darkened or flat. After about 50 cars which I charged cost of tint plus 25% to cover my time badically paid my own training ill charge by the car and the age if it a new motor ur looking minimum of £150 up to £450 for something like a range rover sport all round and flar

5u8yrymy.jpg people like you that ruin the business doing backyard tint jobs with five piece back windows.

Interesting to me that a lot of you say "anyone that calls for a price is a bottom feeder". It must differ from region. I would say 90% of all my appointments come from a phone call first. We are on the largest main road in our county,and have a nice showroom. So its not like we dont have a place for walkins. We are also one of the top priced shops in our area. I will take all the calls I can. This gives me an opportunity to explain the difference bettween us and others. If people want the lowest price they will go else were. I thank them for calling, and in the future if they decide different give us a call then.

Interesting to me that a lot of you say "anyone that calls for a price is a bottom feeder". It must differ from region. I would say 90% of all my appointments come from a phone call first. We are on the largest main road in our county,and have a nice showroom. So its not like we dont have a place for walkins. We are also one of the top priced shops in our area. I will take all the calls I can. This gives me an opportunity to explain the difference bettween us and others. If people want the lowest price they will go else were. I thank them for calling, and in the future if they decide different give us a call then.
sounds like word mouth customers calling you have a big nice shop. They mess with the smaller to mid size business.

Guest Rob@OCM

5u8yrymy.jpg people like you that ruin the business doing backyard tint jobs with five piece back windows.

My phone cut off the last part of my post that was 4 years ago when I decided to give it a go I couldn't just jump into a line of work that I do not know I trained as a windscreen fitter for two years and saved up for a unit for my work and my vinyl equipment I now tint as my sole job and do not undercut anyone around my area as I do not condone the undercutting of experienced tinters but in my case I had to start somewhere and did not want to offer a professional service to the public and not be able to deliver.

Archived