Sick hearing "I can get it done for cheaper $99,$89 or c

Well we got a guy who calls himself The Tint Dude and drives around in a van with Giant Lettering advertising $99 Car Tint and we come to you. Seriously $99 and an outdoor install! Customers get what they deserve. I have spotted this guy in an apartment building complex parking lot installing film outside in the wind no less. Cost of tint for each 4dr has to be at minimum $15, gas to get there at least $10-$15. So looking at roughly a $70 profit on each vehicle. If the guy would just set up shop and charge $200-$275 like the rest of us he would make $170-$245 profit each car. Hes probably paying $500-600 in gas every month so there is some overhead.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$70 doesn't include the slip, paper towels, blades, scrubbies, tool wear out.....and the "gas" doesn't include the oil, tires, parts wearing out.....

so, he makes about $30 to maybe $45 for that tint job instead.....

LOL, Come to my town and you will be even more upset. There is a guy who does the back half of the cars for $85, now the interesting part is that he claims to be using Llumar :/

Guest Rob@OCM

Since going full time as a automotive tinter I don't have charge any less than £150 which is around $230 for a three door install and that is a hatch back rear window and two side windows.if its a fixed back rear like a sedan its more on £180 = $275 and more depending on the time and amount of glass but that is poa as tinting is a big game in the UK but it is not as big as in the states and the competition is always undercutting a few of us although you find that flat glass is becoming more and more popular now with at least 5 calls a day 2 years ago it was 1 a month if your lucky.

Archived