Did a car today {formula 1 pinnacle} and noticed what looked initially like snot almost like a luuggie {G} As the film dried it turned clear but it's distorted in that area. Can't really feel it but can still see it. And of course it was on the drivers window.

This occurred on some Air80 I used on my truck also. Does the adhesive applicator just spit this randomly or how does this occur? Re did it, fine now but this is getting old quick. And I used Llumar for over a year and never saw this.

Did a car today {formula 1 pinnacle} and noticed what looked initially like snot almost like a luuggie {G} As the film dried it turned clear but it's distorted in that area. Can't really feel it but can still see it. And of course it was on the drivers window.

This occurred on some Air80 I used on my truck also. Does the adhesive applicator just spit this randomly or how does this occur? Re did it, fine now but this is getting old quick. And I used Llumar for over a year and never saw this.

Hey Stryper,

It could be that the slip solution is building up in the funnel of your spray bottle, it will get to a point where it it completely blocking the funnel, and then it will release in the form of on opaque gluggy liquid. I have seen this before and could not work out what it was. If you see it again, change bottles, or give your existing spray bottle a good clean out.

I am not saying that this is the issue, but it could be. And it will give you headaches trying to figure out what is going on.

All the best.

are you using a handled squeegee for the final pass? I stopped getting stuff like that once I incorporated one.
I use a blue max with a handle for almost everything. I tried the black and the yellow squegees?..but they left waaay too much water behind. I'm thinking It's too much soap and a finer spray mist is needed. Stuff happens

If you get another then pull it off and see if it is adhesive or slip build up. Easy enough to tell. Adhesive will not readily come off but a slip blob will come right off....

Doubt it is adhesive though...

I had this prob. with LLumar ATC, one time. It was in the roll. After replacing a few windows, I started paying attention and you could see it in the film straight off the roll. Only had it in that one roll and LLumar replaced the whole thing for me no questions asked (even though I was 3/4 through that roll already)! This was probably a year ago. Dunno how old your roll is but seems consistent since it's LLumar. I can tell you that I could clearly see it in between the film and clear layers.

Archived