New tint yesterday, one window has a bunch of tiny "bubbles"

Guest Blaine B.

Guest Blaine B.

One last question - Will windows that are tinted dry just as nicely if kept in a garage as they would out in the sun? I know the drying time will be longer, but are there any benefits to letting it sit out in the sun besides decreasing the drying time?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One last question - Will windows that are tinted dry just as nicely if kept in a garage as they would out in the sun? I know the drying time will be longer, but are there any benefits to letting it sit out in the sun besides decreasing the drying time?

Yes. No difference other than timespan.

looks like its still drying out , except i see what looks like the same exact spots on the door pillar , wich could mean their was some existing defect on the glass , maybe caused by a chemical or something but you just didnt notice till the car was tinted ,,,not sure ,

my uncle came to me about windows he had done by his local instaler. was quite upset about some bubbles that appeared. i took a look and turned out to be pit marks from him throwing his seat belt.

marks where at about the same spot as the ones pictured.

your tinter will be able to determine what the cause is.

i am glad my uncle didnt go to the tinter with the same attitude he came to me with before i told him he was the reason for these marks.

but a possibility to be informed of. could also be pits from this same action before tint was installed.

worse case scenario it is contamination. and he goes ahead and re instals. the sooner the better. may come off allot easier within the first few days.

Guest Blaine B.

They say you get to know alot about a shop when things go wrong.

And this shop did the right thing. They retinted the windows on all 4 doors (the rear window was fine).

They said it was lint or dirt, it may have been in their water bottle or something.

Either way it looks great, and they got two more jobs coming from my Father. Not bad having four jobs linted up back-to-back from the same family.

I'm satisfied and I would recommend them in the future, because they did a nice job, and they corrected a problem without trying to get out of it.

Guest Blaine B.

In that case, the shop was Car Teks in Schererville, Indiana. They also have another location in Valparaiso, Indiana that I have not visited.

http://www.carteks.com/

I have also had great window tinting on a previous vehicle at Show Us Your Tints in Crown Point, Indiana. Perfect job.

And "pretty good" tinting on another vehicle at Rainbow Tint in Hammond, Indiana. Good job except for using the paint pen to cover up gaps on 3 windows. Shouldn't really need the pen if you cut it the right size. The other 2 shops I have gone to didn't use the pen at all and didn't have any gaps without it.

Why do people these days hit up an Internet forum first up as soon as they have a problem?

What the hell can we do about it?

Go back to the business , explain your issues, and give them a chance to make right.

This always used to be the way things were done.

It's a brave new world.....not sure if I like it.

i agree , I also don't like when these customers I don't even know are texting me for quotes, ect.. i don't have time for that %&$# all day ! could have answered all of your questions over the phone in 30 seconds instead of texting back and fourth all day just to get no response once i give you a price quote because ' i'm too expensive "

Guest Blaine B.

I don't see why all of this backlash is necessary, considering I asked a question about a tint job on a forum named "Tint Dude."

I'm guessing that is what this forum is for? Tint related discussions?

Archived