New tint yesterday, one window has a bunch of tiny "bubbles"

Guest Blaine B.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so glad you have not been in my area. Of course my price is double what you paid so I doubt you would have wanted to have me do it.

I think you are being far to picky just from everything on this thread. It is JUST a piece of plastic that is stuck to your glass after all. It will get scratched up over time.

I know from experience that people like yourself are best "fired" from being customers. You have gotten a bad taste and now you find every LITTLE stinkin' thing that might not be perfect. It would be better to have just let you go after the first return.

I can honestly say I have had to re-do less windows in the last 8 years of doing business than your "family" has had done according to your thread. That is with doing around 100k worth of tinting per year....

If I were you, I would tint a window to your expectations, then show it to the shop so they know the quality of work you are expecting from them. Most humans are created pretty equal so if its something so simple, they should be able to replicate your work to meet your expectations.

Guest Blaine B.

The entire reason I go to a shop is so that they can use their so-called "30 years of combined experience" to tint my windows without obvious blemishes. If I could tint a window to my own expectations I would obviously save the trouble and just do it myself.

I have not created one scratch on my other car that has been tinted for over 4 years now....maybe I don't abuse my vehicles like some of your customers...

But also, don't forget, perhaps you haven't had to redo windows simply because there weren't problems and issues. The reason I went back is because I found problems. Would you be satisfied with a lot of lint/dust, long scratches, bubbles, etc?

Any other business should be held accountable for their work just the same. Have you ever had something done wrong to your car, home, appliances, by an outside technician or repair shop?

--- bucks? Sometimes we get what we pay for. Go to a higher priced shop next time.

This right here. Plus the place you went to has a terrible reputation.

Take it easy on him guys. The place he went to does -- dollar tint jobs and saw him coming. It is his fault he didnt reveiw the place better, but I do feel for him cause their work is terrible over there. He probably is seeing A LOT of imperfections.

Guest Blaine B.

Where did you read that at? I looked on yelp and google reviews and also had a referral from a co-worker.

I also looked at Kust-M-Tint across the street but they wanted a down-payment so I chose to go to the latter.

My father said next time he has tint work done he's going to your shop in CP based off of what you did on my Jeep years ago. I'd definitely follow suit as the time wasted with all of these returns is way more than traveling out to you!

Live and learn, I guess.

Although I feel that there is some anger here from some of the other posters...that comment about me complaining about the "window being too hot" is a ridiculous statement and I don't understand here the hostility comes from.

Blaine , you are totally right that is unacceptable and unprofessional , as a shop owner NOTHING leaves my shop without my approval , almost 20 years tinting windows everyday I would notice the smallest imperfection after a job , now granit a very small dust dot here an there can be acceptable but lint, scratches, hair , dirt , creases are all redone on the spot , and if my customer has to come back he will be took care of right away no question , and I will usually throw in a free car wash or something for wasting he's or her time !!

Archived