2013 camaro

Guest Homer J

Guest Homer J

I have one coming in Monday and I did one of the new body styles when they first came back out which I think was 2011 not sure, just curious if anything is different or anything I need to know before I get started

When you open the doors the glass drops a quarter inch or so to clear the seals better. I open the doors then with my finger I close the door latch. You will have to push it just beyond closed for the window to come back up. You will then have to pull the door handle to get the latch open again before shutting the door. Be careful that the film is dry because the glass will drop and could ruin your job. I always tuck under the bottom seals however on the new camero I like to push the seals down with a card.

the 13 is pretty well identical to the 11 version. You can grab the top of the door panel and pop it back. There are about 5 metal clips on the door itself that are spring clasped to the door panel. If you do pull it the take and "open" up the clips to make it lock back into the door panel nice and tight. If you don't it will be a bit loose.... The sweep just lifts out and can be left to hang....very easy to work on that way and just a few extra seconds to pop it.

the 13 is pretty well identical to the 11 version. You can grab the top of the door panel and pop it back. There are about 5 metal clips on the door itself that are spring clasped to the door panel. If you do pull it the take and "open" up the clips to make it lock back into the door panel nice and tight. If you don't it will be a bit loose.... The sweep just lifts out and can be left to hang....very easy to work on that way and just a few extra seconds to pop it.

That a good point Ryker I will try that next time. I usually hate pulling panels but this sounds quick and easy

Patrick, we will have to talk a bunch when we work together in 2 weeks. There are so many panels that will pop back, bend back, slip over, and or just a coupe screws and it is off that make it SO easy to bottom drop the film.

I am sure you can bring a lot of knowledge to me too...

Guest Homer J

Camaro was a 2011 model not a 2013 but turned out great, I must say tho taking door panels apart is not needed unless u just like extra work, I slapped a half gasket wizard in there and used the shank and put about an inch down behind the felt and it worked just fine, not sure what the 13s are like but if u don't feel like taking one apart give that a try. thanks again

gasket wizards are pretty cool and that would be a pretty nice option for these cars....but if you ever pop the panel back on one you will find that it will be about the same amount time either way

gasket wizards are pretty cool and that would be a pretty nice option for these cars....but if you ever pop the panel back on one you will find that it will be about the same amount time either way

:bingo the seal pops out too fast too be bothered with the gw

Archived