UltraGard Window Films have arrived!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodonya for giving it a try with these new films but why I find puzzling is why give it a name that is other than Express window Films?

Devil

Hey Dev,

Al or Howard may be best to answer this, but I can say that many of the UltraGard films will contain component and adhesive changes that will make them unique to Aus. There are also a number of different factories producing the final product. I guess in many ways similar to 3M.

Alex is specifying specific proven and tested materials, polyesters, adhesives and metallizing techniques which result in a range of films that will be sold only in Aus. This is a challenge that is testing Alex to his limits, and is a realization of a dream that he has had for many years. He knows what the market wants and needs here, and he is about to deliver.

All talk and hot air for those who are yet to use these films, but those who have can speak for themselves :thumb

why give it a name that is other than Express window Films?

Devil

Hi Dev,

The vast majority of these films do not exist in the EWF catalog. They are constructed based upon Alex's instructions and specifications.

-Howard

Al or Howard may be best to answer this, but I can say that many of the UltraGard films will contain component and adhesive changes that will make them unique to Aus

Hi GTS,

Indeed.. I can confirm that the vast majority of these films are being built exclusively for your market and are not offered elsewhere.

In working with Alex to compile the portfolio, I am just amazed at his depth of knowledge of that market and his ability to articulate exactly what the guidelines are for every single component of every single construction. For any business, the best customers are the ones that know exactly what they want and are able to clearly communicate it. That is Alex in a nutshell. He knows what works, what does not and exactly what the local installers are looking for.

-Howard

Simply Rob, they are not modifications - they are specifications.

While quality & longevity are on top of the list when designing films for Australia's harsh climate, there are many more factors determining the final product.

Our local market is unique, as much as many other markets are unique around the world.

There is a vast difference in film type popularity from country to country.

I don't quite understand this philosophy....perhaps you could explain?

Devil

Hi Dev,

For starters, the architectural market in the USA is primarily dual pane glass. In your neck of the woods, single pane is more prevalent so we did not have the same constraints in terms of TSEa.

On the automotive side, we have 50 states and 50 differently worded state laws. EWF's domestic USA range also contains everything from economy coated 1 ply films all the way up to premium dyed polyester color stable films and Ceramic films. The films which are in the UG portfolio share the same top-shelf, most expensive components found in the EWFs top end lifetime color stable products.

-Howard

Very good Al but you know what will happen soon with the wholesale market available downunder with your new innovation?

You watch...because you've gone to the trouble of specifying films made for our Australia, the bandwagon marketers from those that will remain nameless will start spewing out...."made for Australian conditions" as if it's their own idea.

I'd bet my squeegee on it!

The good old lifetime warranty thing has been done and dusted, the one piece technology is a dead duck, the titanium word has gone to the great film roll in the sky, the carbon word which was very much the flavour of the month once is a dinosaur...... it goes on....it's all razzamatazz.

Howard...Do you have your own manufacturing plant and if so where are you located?

How much is done under the one roof?

Cheers,

Dev

Archived