Bad Smell From Water Tanks

I dont know how often you clean the insides of the tanks but they can grow mold and get all gunked up on the inside. I would clean my 5 gallon stainless tank about every 3 months. I guess the same could go for the filter. You would be surprised what grows in those tanks if left alone.

I dont know how often you clean the insides of the tanks but they can grow mold and get all gunked up on the inside. I would clean my 5 gallon stainless tank about every 3 months. I guess the same could go for the filter. You would be surprised what grows in those tanks if left alone.

Mdog is spot on.

The ambient environment inside a spray bottle could hardly be more ideal for growing mold. EWF advises customers to clean and rinse their sprayers out daily.

-Howard

The stainless tanks (we have 9) you must empty at the end of the day or two tops!! Rinse out with plain water and dry upside down til you fill em again. If it's too late and they're stinky use a paper towel and wipe inside then rinse and dry for a day upside down. Also clean your spray tip filters and run clean water through your hoses.. If you have stainless tanks..DO NOT USE BLEACH to clean out, it will eat the inside seal. Plastic tanks you can use highly deluted bleach every now and then, just don't let it sit for long.

Archived