Bad Smell From Water Tanks

You can also rinse your tanks well at the end of the week and fill them with anti bacterial solution, run it through your hoses as well. Anti bacterial is available at home brew shops and in the baby aisle at your supermarket.

Ask TD for more info lol.

anti bacterial solution

Hi RockyDaz,

It may not kill mold. The best bet is to prevent if from starting in the first place. Mold is extremely hard (if not impossible) to kill in an environment that is constantly moist.

-Howard

anti bacterial solution

Hi RockyDaz,

It may not kill mold. The best bet is to prevent if from starting in the first place. Mold is extremely hard (if not impossible) to kill in an environment that is constantly moist.

-Howard

Well I am certainly not going to get into an argument with you Howard over anything tint related, I suspect I would lose every time. Haha.

The anti bac. Is what has worked for me to keep my bottles clean for a fair while now , but I suspect it is mainly because it means I have to maintain a regular maintenance routine.

At the end of the week, empty all 5gal. Bottles and 1 litre sprayers ,fill with boiling water and scrub with bottle brushes , rinse and fill with anti bac for the weekend. Rinse well on Monday and back into battle.

Just the best I've ever been able to do.

Well I am certainly not going to get into an argument with you Howard over anything tint related, I suspect I would lose every time. Haha.

Hey Rock…

Thanks for the kind words, but I can assure you that there are aspects of this game where I could learn a lot from you. I could spend 3 hours describing how shrinkability is predicated on MD/TD ratios, but could I shrink a piece of film to save my life? No sir.

In fact, if you put me in a work bay with a car, an entire roll of film, $200 worth of tools and gave me 8 hours, the results would be rather dismal. I would have bled to death from all of the Olfa slashes, wasted the entire roll, broken off the door panels, scratched the glass, shorted out the electronics, drained the battery and not have finished a single window.

You, on the other hand, would have the job done in perhaps 90 minutes with no blood loss and minimal sweat. That kind of “tactile / practical” knowledge is both essential and valuable and I possess none of it. To this day, I learn a lot from my customers which is precisely why I still answer phones and take orders.

-Howard

Archived