What's your thought on printing pictures of the cars

FBO

I'd go larger on the more exotics or ones that turn out best. Over time you will have too many to put on the wall . Switch them out every few months.

Make friends with a local photographer and get the cars out to good sites that show off the car and your work.

Keep albums of cars in your computer sorted by make and model so you can show clients examples of "their" car in different films as you are able to get the photos.

More and more I'm seeing businesses using 10" tablets with their brag photos when their client visits. Some have a pc hooked up to a big ass screen in the waiting area and a slide show of their brag photos and their in progress shots.

I like the idea of taking pictures. I am always having customers asking what it would look like on their car, I explain that it will look different on other cars depending on the color, type of car, interior color, etc. But they still want to see pictures!

It can get expensive trying to print them, so having them on a tablet or even computer is a good idea.

Also, changing them out is good.

Years ago we took pictures of almost all the cars we did. Although it became eerie after awhile when people would come in and start looking at them and say, "Oh this person died about a year ago . . ." Kinda of weird! So definitely change them out! :)

Guest kccartint

Get yourself a cheap TV to mount to a wall and hook it up to a PC and set up a slide show. Easy to change and cheaper then all the frames you will need for prints. Leave it on during business hours. Customers waiting will have a chance to kill time watching and you can quickly pull up specific pictures when the need comes up.

6a8ureve.jpg

Here's a wall im workn on. I ordered these prints online with a discount code I found. Took a few weeks to get them via snail mail. Looks a little crazy but its got some order to it.

I like the idea of taking pictures. I am always having customers asking what it would look like on their car, I explain that it will look different on other cars depending on the color, type of car, interior color, etc. But they still want to see pictures!

It can get expensive trying to print them, so having them on a tablet or even computer is a good idea.

Also, changing them out is good.

Years ago we took pictures of almost all the cars we did. Although it became eerie after awhile when people would come in and start looking at them and say, "Oh this person died about a year ago . . ." Kinda of weird! So definitely change them out! :)

I remember that Duggan, we had prolly a thousand Picts covering the whole wall. People would be looking and say this or that person wrecked and died in the car with ours pictures showing them standing there beside it all proud! Weird ,, we started only taking pics of the cars without the owners!!

To look good and promote your shop, frame any picture or advertisement you are going to put up IMO ... Didn't do stuff like that for years but it pays off.

Off topic........

For years I wanted the customer as uncomfortable as possible ..... Hence no waiting room so we could get them to leave giving me more time.

Now that we are a large shop and can get cars out in like 15 minutes its all about making the customer comfortable and let them look at nice framed stuff! This way when the car is finished we can move them through and get another in! How time changes things

Duggan, what's the earliest age you remember hanging at a tint shop? Hehehe

Stan

Archived