Sweating film?

Well I have finally ran into a car I just can't sweat the film off of. Its an 02 Monte Carlo with 10+ year old film. Ive removed older film than 10 years but this stuff is stuck. Its 45 degrees out so the traditional way is out of the question. The defroster doesn't get hot enough before it decides to shut off. I've heated it from the outside with a heat gun but its still seperating the film. I thought about a steamer but that seems like it would make too much of a mess. Anyone have any other suggestions? The weather should be better in a few days and I have it until the lady comes back from business in a few days so my option may be just waiting for a warm day but I figure it never hurts to ask if anyone else has an idea.

Jiffy steamers last forever. We have three in the shop and one is running most all the time everyday removing SunTek film from 07 with hard coat failure. One of mine is 18 years old and one about 10 years old then the new one is only a few months old. Get the jiffy steam blade, well worth the money :twocents

Cheers

Stan

Jiffy steamers last forever. We have three in the shop and one is running most all the time everyday removing SunTek film from 07 with hard coat failure. One of mine is 18 years old and one about 10 years old then the new one is only a few months old. Get the jiffy steam blade, well worth the money :twocents

Cheers

Stan

Do you ever clean them out . Miine seems to be getting calcium build up in it and it seems to take longer to clean out. Hows the best way to clean them and how often ? 

My steamer wouldn't keep the film from separating in tiny pieces on the last few removals i did.  I had to scrap the rear glass with a blade on all of them and on this older saturn it took over an hour on the bg. 

Im getting to the point of turning down any removal with bubbled film, since i can tint 3 cars in the time it take to r/r one.

Archived