Sweating film?

a trick i learnt on here is when the clear coat comes off and the layer on the glass comes off in small pieces . Get some 1 mil dyed film and tint it let it dry for a couple hrs . then use tint off reapplying it 3 times with 20 min in between . Temperature should be around 85+ . then steam if off .The small peices usually sticks to the new tint .  Its alot of extra work so charge more . 

Might run vinegar and water mix thru it .......

a trick i learnt on here is when the clear coat comes off and the layer on the glass comes off in small pieces . Get some 1 mil dyed film and tint it let it dry for a couple hrs . then use tint off reapplying it 3 times with 20 min in between . Temperature should be around 85+ . then steam if off .The small peices usually sticks to the new tint .  Its alot of extra work so charge more .

Great trick :twocents

it was cold here the other day and i bagged a car using 409 let it sit for about 5 hours and it came off great , no sun ,,,dont know the science behind it but it worked ,,,only reason i tried it was because a friend of mine said he bagged a car with 409 one day , left it over night inside the shop and it came right off in the morning ,,,,worth a try , 

I'm not a fan of bagging, I just don't have the time to let a car sit around in the sun like that waiting for the bagging to work. Plus the time it takes to bag it up, it all adds up.

The steamer is so much quicker , I allow 1 hour tops for removal... I decide in the fist couple of minutes with the steamer if the old film is going to play the game or not, and then it will be a quick call to the custy to advise that scrapers will need to be used and heater bars damaged.

If they arent happy with that, the car is ready for collection, no skin off my nose.

Fortunately, it's so hot where I live no one ever needs to use demisters anyway.

I always wondered about bagging..... I could only imagine seeing it before I heard about it and doin an r&r with someone and he starts puttin bags all over it while I got a steamer goin??? I get it, like throwing liner on old Fg for removal lettin in soak but..... Removals take yeah an hour tops?

Bag and use a torch. A good on. that they use at the race track. Ten min the tint will. Fall off used it the other day .

It was below freezing.

Warmed me up and the garage.

Bag and use a torch. A good on. that they use at the race track. Ten min the tint will. Fall off used it the other day .

It was below freezing.

Warmed me up and the garage.

Archived