EcoLux 70% from SolarGard

GTS, I understand the frustration of restricted access and I don't think Eco will be as strictly hard to get a hold of. My understanding though is that SG certainly have "preferred" customers, which is fair enough, probably 80% of their turnover comes from 10% of their customers. That's to say they look to reward loyalty and commitment.

The Ecolux will be right up there in price (it has gold in it) so you won't be competing with Enerlogic on that aspect.

But from what I have seen and heard, there is no special application quirks like the Ener.

Only comes in 70% (68%) but actually out performs Ener by a bees dick.

Same winter U factor, 2% better SHGC (3% better SC) but achieves this by being 3% more externally reflective (11% but who cares on a 70?).

100% AT, SG should reward their loyal customers. It's the only way to go.. But I hope they understand that you don't get new loyal customers by turning them away. I sent Rob from SG an email last week just asking what their plans were with the film. I think he might be busy.

If they can get the mix of looking after their good loyal customers, and guiding some new ones right, I think they will do well.

I am very interested on what the outcome will be.

100% AT, SG should reward their loyal customers. It's the only way to go.. But I hope they understand that you don't get new loyal customers by turning them away. I sent Rob from SG an email last week just asking what their plans were with the film. I think he might be busy.

If they can get the mix of looking after their good loyal customers, and guiding some new ones right, I think they will do well.

Rob probably didn't need to respond GTS.

SG's plans are probably just to sell as much of it as they possibly can. :lol

SolarGard Australia have always been an excellent company to partner with. In over 20 years of dealing with them and their Brisbane Distributor - Cooltone , I have had very little cause for complaint.

Excellent products with great service and support.

I am sure if you needed the EcoLux GTS, you wouldn't have much trouble in getting your hands on some, SG have never ,in my experience, made their products difficult to obtain.

Rob probably didn't need to respond GTS.

SG's plans are probably just to sell as much of it as they possibly can. :lol

SolarGard Australia have always been an excellent company to partner with. In over 20 years of dealing with them and their Brisbane Distributor - Cooltone , I have had very little cause for complaint.

Excellent products with great service and support.

I am sure if you needed the EcoLux GTS, you wouldn't have much trouble in getting your hands on some, SG have never ,in my experience, made their products difficult to obtain.

Hey Daz,

Yeh, Rob has been off attending to him ill wife. He sent me an email at 10.30pm last night.

It seems that the film has no special install requirements other than, if you stuff a piece, it will cost you big time!

I really am excited about this film, this may be the motivation for me to complete the last 2 week course of my NABERS assessment requirement and really push into promoting a highly energy efficient window film product, and if indy's like you and me have access, I will be sure to let everyone know about it. Well, people in colder climates anyway.. I could imagine walking into a customers house in Cairns on a 42 deg day and tell them "I know a way to stop to heat from getting out of your home".. I would be chased up the street.

From what I can see it actually out performs the Ener.. Could this knock the ener off the top of the tree? Regardless, to anyone that has ever needed and or wanted to use the Ener here in Aus and has been denied access, I think times, they may be a changing.

:boogie

Regardless, to anyone that has ever needed and or wanted to use the Ener here in Aus and has been denied access, I think times, they may be a changing.

That holier than thou exclusivity stuff doesn't cut it these days IMHO.

Remember when Vista was tarted that way years ago? Where is it now? Never heard or come across it since.

Devil

Regardless, to anyone that has ever needed and or wanted to use the Ener here in Aus and has been denied access, I think times, they may be a changing.

That holier than thou exclusivity stuff doesn't cut it these days IMHO.

Remember when Vista was tarted that way years ago? Where is it now? Never heard or come across it since.

Devil

If my memory is correct? The Vista issue was to do with an Australian Trademark owned by a window covering company.

Marketing of the brand was short lived, but the product lines have continued to be available under the MEP umbrella.

Yep if you bought off MEP you had no probs getting Vista films, they were just part of the everyday range same as Panorama films are just part of SG's everyday range here in Aus. I think it may be a bit different in the States though.

After speaking with Rob today I feel really confident that the guys that have had the door shut by MEP will see an open door at SolarGard in the form of EcoLux. They want to help and support their existing loyal customers, but also be able to offer an option for smaller tinters that want to be able to compete with larger commercial focused tinting franchises.

Word is that the film is far easier to install than the Ener, and performance is better in many aspects. Price is on par with the Ener.

I am bloody excited to get to 2014! Somehow I am predicting a good year if your a small independent.. :whisper

You guys have only a faint idea about the benefits of using products with a low U-value. You want a low u-value on anything you're insulating so that you slow down the 'equalization' of energy between the two areas. I.e. If you want to keep something cool and it's hot outside, you want a low U-value. If you want to keep something hot and it's cool outside, you want a low U-value. Whether insulating a thermos, your car or your house, the lower the u-value the better... U-value 99% of the time works in both directions, it is NOT limited to keeping the heat in but could be used to keep it out. You are correct you cannot 'reflect cold' but you can reflect or retard heat transmission. 

Now you say, well it's summer time, 105F outside, why would I care about a low u-value film when the 20% heat rejecting film works just fine? Because while that tint will retard direct radiation from the sun, it will have no effect on low frequency radiation, such as high air temperatures. So it will block the sun shining through but if it's 9PM and the sun ain't shining, a tint with a high u-value will underperform the film with a low u-value. I am aware that the film touts its benefits by suggesting it reflects the heat back into the room, but the properties for the low U-value rated films are both for Winter & Summer so it's pretty clear the u-value works both ways.