LOTP # 305

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah... not exactIy thrilled about it but I still think I'm ahead considering what I paid for the truck 14~ months ago. 

Although the kid I got it from showed me a receipt for front end work which was faked. That I'm still kind of pissed about. I should have called the shop to verify the work was actually done but it never crossed my mind that it might not have been.

Of course the next car I get I'll verify that kind of stuff.... fool me once... blah blah blah.

Well, I picked up the truck.

I hate not knowing much about cars... 

They replaced the u-joints... which I'm not even sure what they do. 

It drives better in some respects, but worse then when I dropped it off this morning. 

They put the spare on the front left, which the old tire had the belts shifted. So there was a terrible wobble when I was driving.

Now.. I didn't think of it at the time, and honestly, I don't really think it should have been left totally up to me - but they should have put the rear tires on the front, and the front, back... 

I'm hoping part of what I'm now feeling is from the spare tire since it's not even worn a hair, and different then the front right. 

Sunday it's supposed to be above freezing, so I'll probably swap around all the tires myself then. 

I dunno... if I was a mechanic, I think I would have either just done that, or made the recommendation. 

Whenever I've had a flat on a front tire, in any car, I never put the spare on that... esp. if it's a small doughnut. Always put something like that on the rear. Yeah... it takes a few more minutes to swap everything, but just for the safety factor.

Just a bit pissed... not really at them.. just at everything... 

One thing I gotta change in 2014 is not letting companies take forever to pay their invoices... I know that's easier said then done, but still... 

Nope..  

Not much I can do about it atm. The other work needs to be done... The tire shop showed me evidence of that... 

I'm going to assume that if the u-joints were bad, they had too much play in them... so if you now all the sudden remove the wobble from the tire... and then tighten up one part of the suspension that now is tight and has no play in it, the remaining parts that have too much play in them will be amplified and felt more.

I dunno.. that's where my thinking is. I have no idea if that's even remotely correct or what. 

Fortunately, these are the only issues with the truck, so I should be good after this. And if I'm able to get a car by the summer - then I'll only be using the truck for work and not as a daily driver. 

At least that's my plan. 

We probably have about 2 inches already... and since it's been cold, it stuck right away. Everything is coated... so it's very, very silent and peaceful outside right now. :)   I like it like this... snow is falling... not many cars out on the road... and everything just has a very muffled quietness to it. 

If that makes sense...  :thumb

We probably have about 2 inches already... and since it's been cold, it stuck right away. Everything is coated... so it's very, very silent and peaceful outside right now. :)   I like it like this... snow is falling... not many cars out on the road... and everything just has a very muffled quietness to it. 

If that makes sense...  :thumb

Totally, that's the best part of snow. It just sucks when you have to go somewhere in it. :thumb

Archived