Ford Ranger ext. cab windows

jh812

I'm tinting a 97 model Ford Ranger extended cab. I have to tint the back in 5%. What do you guys do for the extended cab windows that pop out? There is no black border around where the screw holes are, That hold the glass on. I've pulled one out. Just for screws but I can not seem to get the opening bracket off the window. Thanks for the help.

I think you have to pull the pop out latch off the body first, then unscrew the whole thing. Personally I usually cut around those for a couple of reasons, too much work to take them apart, and the stress of the latch will eventually twist the film.

As soon as a vehicle is over 10+ years old , I won't take them out anymore just from a weathered / corrosion point of view. Not worth the risk t break or strip them. That's just an opinion though

Wound up just cutting around them. Customer had no problem with it. All he wanted was for the cops to not be able to see him not wearing a seat belt. The auto and makes section is for tintdude to organize everything after we screw it all up.

Archived