Macular Degeneration and blue light with window film

I had a call today from a lady suffering from Macular Degeneration who is hoping there is a film she could place over her monitor to reduce retina stress. From the limited stuff I have read on the Internet I'm still confused if a bronze film would reduce "blue light"? Or in the right part of the spectrum. Charity thing for me and I would like to do something to help her but need to know if any window film can help her.... Need someone who has possibly dealt with this if possible. Above my pay grade!

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Stan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stan, let me ask one of the bio engineers we work with. I know they have the data on light and what colors filter what light. Something tells me it is medical spectral red. I believe TA81 also filters a certain wavelength as well. If it is one of these and you do not have it on the shelf, I have both and can donate whatever you need. I will see if I can find out today

Stan, let me ask one of the bio engineers we work with. I know they have the data on light and what colors filter what light. Something tells me it is medical spectral red. I believe TA81 also filters a certain wavelength as well. If it is one of these and you do not have it on the shelf, I have both and can donate whatever you need. I will see if I can find out today

That is pretty cool right there and why this forum is so awesome! I knew Tom was a good guy!

I believe there are glasses with amber or brown coatings that concentrate on the blue light. She might want to check into that as insurance will likely cover it and she can take it anywhere. :dunno

Let us know what you come up with Stan. My brother-in-law has a strong family history of MD so it would be cool to know how a film helps out. :beer

Mate while your there,

I'm gonna need some DR15 and some matte white frost......

It's for a charity

By the way, what a great topic! Love this stuff,

I love more though the way this post played out too.

We aren't all bad blokes are we?

Good on u boys!

Stan. I spoke with one of the engineers we work with and I was told that it is the TA81 that you would be looking for. I have it , just LMK what you need.

Tom, thanks for checking this out for us. She found me on the Internet and called from California. Will get measurements of her monitor to see how much she needs. I believe she has glasses but needs more for the monitor. To cut out the middleman I can get you a mailing address if you want and you can paypal me for shipping if needed? Like you I just want to help when people reach out.

Lady's name is Mary, sounds like a gentle soul. Visual issues are important to me, my son was blind for several years between brain surgery and has very limited vision now. People who have never been unhealthy dont know how lucky they are :twocents

Thanks again to Tom, Smartie, 35, Eastwood, WhiteHog and all those who make this forum a success far above anywhere else on the net.

Cheers

Stan

Archived