Good laugh to end the day.

So yesterday we get this customer that called and made an over the phone appointment a couple days back with the owner. The guy comes in at 4:30 ish, the other tinter and myself never knew what type of car it was because it just had a name and price in the book. Anyways, he comes in and it ends up being an Audi A8 2013, previously tinted but removed, and every single window had glue on it. I look over the car with the guy and explain to him that we have to charge extra for the glue removal, and furthermore he was quoted the wrong price for the car and type film he wanted. He blows up! Starts yelling and cursing about how I was trying to rip him off by changing the price, tells me he's calling the BBB and the news to expose us. He ended up kicking rocks afterwards, it was a good laugh for me because I normally don't have the cool head for aholes, but I feel I handled that pretty well. The boss is pissed off we didn't do the car for the quoted price, which was way under what we normally do it for without glue. How would you have handled it?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah gotta love the misrepresentation of what the project REALLY is then the Bitchfit.

Request for quote comes in to SUPPLY AND INSTALL that only includes what I'll politely say is a photo of existing windows photoshopped to show a representation of a stripe design marked with all glass sizes..

Quote goes out and is accepted. Graphics are cut and then.......

We show up to do the install and find full coverage on all of the glass. Calls made.

GC-  "well you have to remove the film to install the new one"

Um no removals are not included in our SUPPLY AND INSTALL quote that's extra.!!

Since our quote is to supply and install only would you like it installed on the first surface or second surface on top of your existing full coverage film?

ORRRR  would you like us to come back after YOU have removed the existing film YOU didn't tell us about and make sure there is no adhesive left on the glass that you don't want to pay us to remove?

By the way its also an extra charge if we have to come back another day....... Sorry but if you don't tell us what the full scope is then you only get a quote for what you asked for.

By your logic MR GC If I ask you to paint my 8' x 12' wall and you give me a quote for  $200 bucks  and the house isn't built yet you have to build my house so you can paint my wall ......

Dudes head explodes then says FINE how much will it cost to remove the film too... :lol :lol :lol

Only charged double for removals :lol  Was a good day.

For some reason he gets us ALL the info now :thumb :thumb

Guest fmfTint

I would have

1: take pictures of all the windows

2: done it for the price quoted

3: make my boss pay me according to what the job should have been

The boss quoted the price that is the price, he can pay me what I should be paid on it.  I'm not eating the loss, he is.

What time do you close? I would have been the one ticked off if my boss lined up a full car at 4:30 knowing we close at 5:00.

We close at 5:00, he always does this to us. It's an everyday thing, we've bitched about it. Now he doesn't write them down, and tries to be out of office or play dumb about not knowing about it.

Yeah gotta love the misrepresentation of what the project REALLY is then the Bitchfit.

Request for quote comes in to SUPPLY AND INSTALL that only includes what I'll politely say is a photo of existing windows photoshopped to show a representation of a stripe design marked with all glass sizes..

Quote goes out and is accepted. Graphics are cut and then.......

We show up to do the install and find full coverage on all of the glass. Calls made.

GC- "well you have to remove the film to install the new one"

Um no removals are not included in our SUPPLY AND INSTALL quote that's extra.!!

Since our quote is to supply and install only would you like it installed on the first surface or second surface on top of your existing full coverage film?

ORRRR would you like us to come back after YOU have removed the existing film YOU didn't tell us about and make sure there is no adhesive left on the glass that you don't want to pay us to remove?

By the way its also an extra charge if we have to come back another day....... Sorry but if you don't tell us what the full scope is then you only get a quote for what you asked for.

By your logic MR GC If I ask you to paint my 8' x 12' wall and you give me a quote for $200 bucks and the house isn't built yet you have to build my house so you can paint my wall ......

Dudes head explodes then says FINE how much will it cost to remove the film too... :lol :lol :lol

Only charged double for removals :lol Was a good day.

For some reason he gets us ALL the info now :thumb :thumb

Your right. Reminded me off last summer when we got the job to tint a house boat, customer gives measurements and number of Windows over the phone, boss gives price based on square footage. Customer pays for job over the phone with AMEX in full. I go out to supply and install only to find every single window has 20 yr old film with the dirtiest nastiest trim on inside. Call boss on phone tells him about the situation, he calls customer to charge extra and they refuse to pay, then threatens to dispute cc charge. Long story short, boss gives them free removal, takes me about 5 days to complete the job. They still were not happy and disputed the charge anyways.

Do you close AND leave the shop at or as close to 5 as possible, or do you just stop taking new appointments at 5?  

We take anything that rolls through the doors up to closing hour that can be accomplished in 2 hours or less (or if we are feeling like machines that day, stay open much longer), but everyone here understands this and doesn't get upset when they see a 5 o'clock showing on the schedule.  Came here to get paid, gonna do just that.

I'd just bring it up with him so you both know what is expected of you at work, pretty simple. 

Did you have something going on that evening that you couldn't perform the work, or did you make this move on principle?  Either way, I guess no one got paid, so was it the customer who really lost that day?  I guess if he comes back to your shop and pays for removal and tint you could say you got lucky.

Archived