emblem

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kccartint

Don't worry about removing any PPF.  Just use a quality double sided tape and cut it to fit and remount over the PPF.  3M is going to be your best bet since it will hold up and is made for that purpose.

If your talking about the words RANGE ROVER spelled across the hood its pretty much impossible to get  them back on perfect. When you buy them new they come as one piece to reinstall. Give your custy the option to buy new ones.

As Jake says. I recently installed full bonnets on two new RR's. The first one I templated around the lettering and installed from there but it didn't leave a great deal to play with regarding stretching around the corners. the swecond one I removed the lettering and it mad the install sooo much easier. You could always try and re-use the original lettering but by the time you have removed the letters, cleaned them up, re-applied the double sided tape and trimmed it up then worked you the spacing and positioning you might wish you had bought new. Cost me £80 but would do the same again.

Steve

post-30565-0-30426800-1396735850_thumb.j

It's not all that bad.  We remove and replace the lettering on every Range Rover sold in San Antonio.  It takes our installers about 1 - 1.5 hours to remove letters, install a partial hood/fender/mirror/bumper, wrap edges, and replace the letters.

Here's a quick video on how to do the letters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRdd4m0umY

Archived