Normally I don't tint glass roof's on cars but I have a request from a lady with an evoque. I guess the whole glass roof thing is great in the UK where the sun is nowhere near the power of our ozzy one!

Has anyone had any issues with tinting this or similar? Should I steer clear or no worries? Im thinking a 33% ceramic as she likes to see the stars at night!

I've always wondered about this.....

If there's a high safe absorption rate, the curve of the glass, whether the glass is a tad reflective, lami or toughened, and if any of these factors make a difference to make it safe or unsafe.....

I always come down to the same conclusion.....

If the custy signs a waiver it doesn't matter

Thanks guys, yeah I'm a tad concerned but what the hey! Quoted it accordingly and see what transpires. I would have expected some more input but I guess most tinters are on the caution side of the fence?

Thanks guys, yeah I'm a tad concerned but what the hey! Quoted it accordingly and see what transpires. I would have expected some more input but I guess most tinters are on the caution side of the fence?

Caution JJ? That's for the elderly. Have at 'em and don't think twice. I have seen no reason not to tint sunroofs and not heard of anyone who has ever had any issues, except for a face full of slip solution when working upside down.:lol

PM for more info if you want.

I have never had a problem with tinting sunroofs if the glass is tempered. If I am not sure and the glass does not have a stamp on it indicating if is tempered or not, I leave it alone. Just keep in mind that most ceramic films have higher heat absorption, you may want to use something a little reflective. Just my  :twocents  

courtesy of wikipedia.com

To be safe I would check glass type.

Archived