I was given a budget to do some marketing through my department.

I decided to use Face book as a platform to see if we could get some mileage and inquiries for our various products.

I offer a special ,the same as we offer on Groupon.

I also offered some new products to test the viability of Face book as a marketing media.

To my disappointment, the response was non-existent

I don't know if any other members have had the same experience?

Your comments would be very much appreciated.

As a company we do have have a facbook page. But we use it more like a friends page. We post pics of cool cars we do, up coming local events that we like, things like that. Its more just so when people need a service we provide they will think of us. But I agree with Tom. People don't want to be bombed with ads. 

Facebook is more an exercise in brand familiarity... Direct sales don't work well but it gives you a chance to built trust and become familiar so when they are ready to buy you are who they think of for that product or service.

It will get your name out there, but most people who contact me through Facebook are bottom feeding price shoppers.

yep!  I get their calls, can you do it for $89?  I tell them, I got out of the auction business long ago! or tell them, what I install is good quality film, not cling-on!

I use Facebook mostly for showcase.

Guest angelsautotint

I have gotten some very high end wrap jobs off FB. A lot of AMG mercedes, M series bimmers and some exotics. Did you adjust your demographics?

I have had zero luck with tint on FB. However it is the complete opposite for me selling vinyl graphics. I have made a small fortune doing this.

Archived