Too picky??

I may just be lucky but it seems, since I got my prices high enough to where I seldom get any vehicles that over 10 years old or just plain old crap boxes, that I really don't get the "nit picker". Of course I usually am picky enough that I don't let things out the door that the customer is going to pick either. That can be judged by the vehicle condition too. A few specks on a pretty clean vehicle can pass most times while a large amount of junk can pass on some dirt box...usually.

One thing that is for certain though if you give a discount off of your regular price for almost any reason you will get picked. If you give a really good reason it is less, i.e. 2 full vehicles in the same day get 10% off.

Couldn't agree more. Leave the $99 cars for the $99 tint shops. Any time I've ever dropped my pricing, the quality of the customers you attract drops also. It seems the less they pay, the more they complain. I have the same money back policy. If we can't do the job to their complete satisfaction, we'll give a full refund. (after removal of the film of course) I've had some people try it on wanting a refund so their tint is free, but we just tell them that if they wanted a refund on any other purchase, they'd have to return the goods to the store. Same principle. And then I'd remind them that if they are genuinely that unhappy with the quality of the job that they felt the need to ask for a refund, then they certainly wouldn't want to keep the film on the car... In ten years of having that policy, I've never had to refund a single job.

Another common one if people return regarding glass scratches or metal rubs, is to explain it to them properly, and then suggest that you are so confident about what you're saying, that you're willing to redo the window for them at no charge, BUT if you're right, they have to agree to pay for the extra piece of film that's used. Can't get any fairer than that.

I never give money back. I work with them as much as possible but if I give money back they still talk smack. Do the best job possible and if I have to redo some we just redo them. Last person doing things perfect was crucified :twocents

We keep records on the computer on each customer and if problem customer returns the price is more than double. Never had one take me up on the higher price.

Always do the best job possible and stay professional has worked for me for 35 years.

Cheers

Stan

Well Stan try not giving back money for a job where this nutter claimed that my film was faulty because he saw iridescence at night which he has never seen before on his previous hick country installation.

My view of this is get rid of these people out of your life immediately, never let them have the film for free and bon voyage, have a good life and ta ta.

They are not worth it nor is their poxy money.

Devil

How about, do u give a discount if I bring you more cars?

Yes, 10% for the secon car.

So you can lower your price for mine?

No, when the second car is done you get a discount.

Well im not bringing my other cars then....

:crazy ???

We work around this one by saying they can have the discount on both cars, as long as both cars are paid for in full, on completion of the first one.

I never give money back. I work with them as much as possible but if I give money back they still talk smack. Do the best job possible and if I have to redo some we just redo them. Last person doing things perfect was crucified :twocents

We keep records on the computer on each customer and if problem customer returns the price is more than double. Never had one take me up on the higher price.

Always do the best job possible and stay professional has worked for me for 35 years.

Cheers

StaN

bingo!

if the job is good, we(the tinters) are the ones who will say if it is good.  the people who u have problems with can go somewhere else and take their friends with them.

if you are doing a quality job and standing behind your work you will always have work from people that appreciate it.

Archived