On the fence

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've followed Dave Ramsey for a while now. I've read the total money makeover three times and been through financial peace. I have been slack on it lately but my wife is starting work in July. I have the goal of getting her truck paid off by the end of the year. That will be the last of my consumer debt. I'm hoping I can make this transition next year. You guys are dead on with your advice. I at least have an idea of where I need to be this time next year.

I also tint part time and have had the same thought as you. I have a full time job but i love to tint as well. Like many here have already said you have to be prepared if you decide to go ahead and be on your own. You have to remember now you will have extra bills to pay that you were not paying before. I am happy with my situation as i have access to a space i rent and can do 1-2 cars after a full day at the office. The weekends are great as you can fit more cars in to your schedule. Again i have no overhead which is great for me which is something to think about. If you can get 10-15 cars a week or perhaps get a dealer account to help you get by then that would be great. Whatever your decision is i wish you the best of luck.

My job right now is very unpredictable. I hate to go part time with someone else as I wouldn't really be able to give them a guarantee that I could be there. What do you mean by retail?

Try to get into doing work for your local auto dealerships. I use to make a good living off of just working through them.

This right here is a great idea. I have a dealership across the street. It took me being over there almost everyday talking to everyone. I ended up tinting 2 for free and then bam!! Got em all!! That's all it took.

Damn straight. 35 nailed it. If you're in, you're ALL in. Either take the leap or take a seat. If you keep one foot in the boat, you aren't really swimming on your own.

I quit my high paying management job with a local tint shop two weeks after my first son was born. I was earning fantastic money, but being treated like crap by the owners. I didn't want my son to grow up thinking that was ok, so I quit and decided to work for myself. My family staged an intervention. They thought I'd lost my mind.

They were wrong.

My son was all the motivation I could possibly need to ensure that failure was no longer an option. And as for what my family thinks...

Lions don't lose sleep,

over the opinions of sheep.

That was almost nine years ago. If you want it bad enough, nothing will stop you.

Dude you just blew my mind. Apart from having a high paying job previously, this is exactly me! Wtf!

Archived