Application Fluid Preferences

Guest BigTinting

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like tint slime. I did the jnj, but started to get odd deposits since they changed the formula. Switched to ts and love it. Some times when the humidity is high I need a little more ts in my mix, but 1 shot glass to a gallon does the trick for me. Just enough slip to get into place, hold fingers there for a few seconds and it stays in place while squeeging down.

All that said I cut 2 windows at a time and while cutting sometimes on roll ups while putting the window down for the top edge it moves, causing the waste of film. (i save for other things but still waste imo) its a preference though. I say try it all, pick the one that best works for you. Yeah you're going to have some product sitting but sample bottles are made for just this.

I used JJ and soap, meh! they were ok, but both gave me a headache that would last all day after the first car, with TS I've had no headaches, the only issue I found is with my film brand and on the words of Ralph Van Pelt, 'premature taculation', but that I solved with more slip added.  

I'm not a veteran tinted, but it's been a few months and the old jj was very different from the new formula. I noticed the deposits when the new formula sat mixed for more than a day. If I mixed a fresh batch it was great at the start of the day, but by days end it was not slippery at all and then had weird white deposits.

I use tint slime. I think it works just as well as shampoo, bit without all the build up in my tanks. Plus it dries much faster.

Definitely agree on the faster dry time. By the time I'm done installing the lady window the first one is mostly all secured in place.

So against manufacture recommendations I ordered a gallon of tint slime last week. I got the chance to use it this weekend. So far I had to redo three windows (I believe) because of it! I don't know if anyone else had this problem but I was getting soap deposits in the film. These would be anywhere from small bubles to streaks in the windows. I was thinking it was something with my blue max. I was going over the window two to three times to ensure I was pushuing out as much water as  I could, then hard carding on top of that. Also I'm using Global QDP and QDPC in an air conditioned shop. Also I retinted my wifes windows with ceramic and have noticed the window looks whitish. Not really charcoal like it should. After a few windows I changed back to baby shampoo. Anyone else had this problem?

So against manufacture recommendations I ordered a gallon of tint slime last week. I got the chance to use it this weekend. So far I had to redo three windows (I believe) because of it! I don't know if anyone else had this problem but I was getting soap deposits in the film. These would be anywhere from small bubles to streaks in the windows. I was thinking it was something with my blue max. I was going over the window two to three times to ensure I was pushuing out as much water as I could, then hard carding on top of that. Also I'm using Global QDP and QDPC in an air conditioned shop. Also I retinted my wifes windows with ceramic and have noticed the window looks whitish. Not really charcoal like it should. After a few windows I changed back to baby shampoo. Anyone else had this problem?

New bottle or old? If you used an old bottle you've used baby shampoo in it makes them. Also it cleans the bottle of old shampoo...

Archived