2015 BMW 650I Convertible

Guest TINTOO7

Guest TINTOO7

Hello all....

Anyone have any recommendations on the best way to tint the newer BMW 650I Convertibles? Just picked up 2 new BMW dealerships and was taking a look around at all the different models, taking my usual notes on each model (saves times to share when you have others working with you) and was looking at the new model 650I Convertible.

First off the door panels are covered in leather, so want to be cautious there as well as don't really want to have to remove the door panels on these if I don't have to, although there are a ton of electronics in these cars. Was thinking maybe 2" Blue Painters tape on the top of the doors and rear windows to keep the felt back...?

Second, I was looking at the rear window.... Looks like you can put the top up and remove the rubber piece that surrounds the window and then there is a little Torx hole in the middle that allows the window to go all the way up or down manually.

I've been doing BMW's for years now, but haven't done one of these new model 650I Convertibles yet, I've done a bunch of the coupes and Gran Coupes, but the Convertibles seem to be pretty few and far between. It seems that most don't tint the windows as they usually drive them around with the top and windows down all the time...

Any suggestions or pictures you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!