65 Bel Air?

TintWizard

someone asked me for a quote on one of these..usually I can picture mostcars in my head and give a price..can't picture this one..anyone ever tint one? andif so, should I charge more for it cause it's difficult..or is it easy ? thanx :fart

Charge more cuse it's a classic. It will be difficult, especially the back glass. Whenever a customer calls with a classic car, I price it high and ensure them they will get thier money's worth. Nothing like having a 32 Duece ( or any other classic ) running around to car shows with flawless window tint on it. It gives me a great sense of pride to do those cars. Just glad I only see a half a dozen or so a year.

Guest tintsem

I've done about 3-4 55-56's rear is difficult,but can be 1 pieced. All the sides are very easy they all have a chrome metal frame around them, just trim the mounting rubber on them and clean well. Charge alot.

Guest FastBackJack

Ive done about 8-10 of these. Whenever I do em I add a B/W R&R charge to it. By taking out the B/W it makes for a much better job. Unless the guy just had some immaculate paint job done, then I will do it in. But with those classics, with all the dirt and grime built up over the years, its just best to go with R&R.

I agree when its a classic charge more. for two reasons .1 they want it to be as perfect as you can get it . and 2 they love it and normaly wont mind paying for it . because they sunk so much into it restoring it anyway . and the tint is the last thing they could think of. before it was finished

Oh yes , over the yrs , I've done many classics..and usually charge double cause I want to spent the day with it...I was just wondering if anyone had particular experience with this particular car..whatI do a lot of times on these kinds of back windows that havethe old rubber gaskets is after heat shrinking, I cut it a little short all the way around, then it makes for an easier install + thefilm doesn't suck crap in from around the edges when you squeegee out..then I take a thin black pinstripe and do the perimiter of the outside of the back window looks pretty good when your done..but most of all..looks clean :angel

Guest tint-it

If it's a wagon charge a boat load... very difficult rear quarters that will test your patience. Sounds ridiculous, but turn the grain of the film 90 degrees and shrink to the sides for an easy install.

Archived