Window Film Expos in Australia?

All that aside Cessnock... Please DO NOT leave this forum :please

You have just as much right as anyone to share your thoughts and experiences about the tinting industry.

Our thoughts will never ever be the same, that doesn't mean we can't be mates.

There's a good chance we all have something to gain from your experiences, and our bad experiences can be a positive thing long term, as it gives us drive and passion.

The way that TUR is structured is very confusing and I had a friend of mine confirm everything that you said about TUR is true, and that you may have just placed your trust in the wrong person and that has cost you badly. There is room for all here and the only way we can grow long term is to work together, and 35 of all people should have learned that by now. 1 year ago he was working for peanuts for a clown trying to pump out 10 cars a day. Now he is the young prodigy that is going to take on Australia's largest city as a stand alone independent professional and in time will be running some of the largest tinting projects in Australia. All whilst being supported by other ITN professionals every step of the way. 35 is not like an apple, he is more like an onion.. Just gotta peel back a few layers to find a great guy that wants to create a legacy in life even though he has had all the odds against him.

I took him for what he is and not for what he was, and helped him without asking in return. He has passion, and that shows when topics about low pricing come around. As you said, if and when he can channel that passion, he will move mountains.

Just stick around.. Don't be thrown off by your reception.. This is the thunderdome... Even Thu9life takes it as water off a ducks back.

There is a great bunch here, and rest assured you can learn something that will help your business.

Just on topic again... I didn't say that SunTek is a bad product, I was simply suggesting that they should be putting their hand in their pockets and offering trade days and trying to help businesses that buy their products in more ways then just selling film at cheapest price.

Just my thoughts..

Thanks GTS, appreciated :) 

Give me an Expo any day!

I've been to SEMA and nothing else compares.

I don't see why it would cost a distributor/manny much to attend a show and I'm sure they can afford it?

I'll will offer my factory of 350m2 to all the film guys to come down to Melbourne and exhibit their ranges for FREE!

Easily fit them all in.

Come on, I offer the challenge to them all!

Now wouldn't that be a sight to see and well worth doing for the good of the industry.

Wouldnt that be great! I'd offer my services to help promote and advertise it for free!

What year did you go to the SEMA show and how long did it take you to get through? I've heard you need the 4 days to see everything. 

I'm hoping to go there next year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give me an Expo any day!

I've been to SEMA and nothing else compares.

I don't see why it would cost a distributor/manny much to attend a show and I'm sure they can afford it?

I'll will offer my factory of 350m2 to all the film guys to come down to Melbourne and exhibit their ranges for FREE!

Easily fit them all in.

Come on, I offer the challenge to them all!

Now wouldn't that be a sight to see and well worth doing for the good of the industry.

Sounds great. You sure have the room for it :)

Can I crash at yours again? My shout for that awesome Pizza!

post-35046-0-01360100-1410957485_thumb.j

Hats off to you Cessnock. [emoji106]

You kept your cool, remained professional, and weathered one of the fiercest welcome threads to the Thunderdome that I've seen so far. I appears to me that you genuinely care about your business, regardless of pricing or film brands. Congrats on keeping your cool. I'm impressed.

So.... How many times have you been cross examined by police prosecutors in court to develop that much 'cool' under fire?? . [emoji12]

Welcome buddy. [emoji3]

Hey Cessnock.

2012 was my year.

Mate bloody awesome.

It was Halloween season also so the night life was a real eye opener.

I reckon if you take your time and make sure you look at every single thing you'll do it in about 2 weeks. Lol

Take the most comfy shoes you have. If they're shitty looking still make sure you take them. You'll need em!

We stayed at the Flamingo.

Central to all the action on the strip and it has a monorail to take you to the show.

Otherwise we also went to the old Vegas one night where the Golden Nugget is. Just as good atmosphere.

ITS ALL GOOD, YOU WILL LOVE IT!

You can stay anytime mate!

Mmmmm wood oven pizza.

You can pay $9 for one but I prefer to pay double and more and get the best!

Bit like our tinting aye mate :)

Price was forgotten after the first bite :rock
Ill tee up a bigger job for a Sunday you're here. Lol

:please keep this thread going, its the most action ive seen this week  since my neighbours  finally put some blinds up and turned the lights off!  :hide   :bdog

I am judging on every job I have seen from that shop, this is before the customer has taken delivery, I am not publicly criticising as this (even though public) is not a forum the average joe goes to.

The other difference is when I see dirt or dust particles in the film I will explain to a customer that they shouldn't be there.

I will take up to 4/5 hours on a car if it's not 'right' but I also charge enough to cover myself for that loss of time, all for the knowledge that I can sleep at night.

I'm not on a public tirade against you, in fact i even said we can all learn from each other if we had a get together.

I am stating facts from what I have seen, nothing more.

In conclusion I have a long drive to Scone right now and would rather not continue getting off topic, if you want to chat about this more, I suggest PMing me

should of kept coming another hour I had %&$# loads of cars

Had a hard enough time staying awake as it was. People love going under the limits by 20K's until an overtaking lane, then all hell breaks loose

:please keep this thread going, its the most action ive seen this week since my neighbours finally put some blinds up and turned the lights off! :hide:bdog

I am judging on every job I have seen from that shop, this is before the customer has taken delivery, I am not publicly criticising as this (even though public) is not a forum the average joe goes to.

The other difference is when I see dirt or dust particles in the film I will explain to a customer that they shouldn't be there.

I will take up to 4/5 hours on a car if it's not 'right' but I also charge enough to cover myself for that loss of time, all for the knowledge that I can sleep at night.

I'm not on a public tirade against you, in fact i even said we can all learn from each other if we had a get together.

I am stating facts from what I have seen, nothing more.

In conclusion I have a long drive to Scone right now and would rather not continue getting off topic, if you want to chat about this more, I suggest PMing me

should of kept coming another hour I had %&$# loads of cars

Had a hard enough time staying awake as it was. People love going under the limits by 20K's until an overtaking lane, then all hell breaks loose
always a crappy run from there to here , speed zones all over the place and mine traffic

Hats off to you Cessnock. [emoji106]

You kept your cool, remained professional, and weathered one of the fiercest welcome threads to the Thunderdome that I've seen so far. I appears to me that you genuinely care about your business, regardless of pricing or film brands. Congrats on keeping your cool. I'm impressed.

So.... How many times have you been cross examined by police prosecutors in court to develop that much 'cool' under fire?? . [emoji12]

Welcome buddy. [emoji3]

cheers mate.  :thumb

Hey Cessnock.

2012 was my year.

Mate bloody awesome.

It was Halloween season also so the night life was a real eye opener.

I reckon if you take your time and make sure you look at every single thing you'll do it in about 2 weeks. Lol

Take the most comfy shoes you have. If they're sh***y looking still make sure you take them. You'll need em!

We stayed at the Flamingo.

Central to all the action on the strip and it has a monorail to take you to the show.

Otherwise we also went to the old Vegas one night where the Golden Nugget is. Just as good atmosphere.

ITS ALL GOOD, YOU WILL LOVE IT!

sounds great, no one does it like the US ey. cheers for the info

Archived