bus tint! how would you charge this? help

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mostly do auto or flat glass?

I do almost all auto. Done flat glass maybe 3 times.

If you're going to have a helper for the whole job , put it up like a residential job.lightly mist the film and have your helper peel it , trim it on the .... is it glass or plastic?( Hence the suggestion of making a pattern)  , If it is glass just trim it once the piece is tacked up , squeegee , boom your done. :D  

So are you suggesting misting a larger than the window piece of tint, slam it on top edge first, push out to each edge of the window seal then trim it?

Do you mostly do auto or flat glass?

I do almost all auto. Done flat glass maybe 3 times.

If you're going to have a helper for the whole job , put it up like a residential job.lightly mist the film and have your helper peel it , trim it on the .... is it glass or plastic?( Hence the suggestion of making a pattern)  , If it is glass just trim it once the piece is tacked up , squeegee , boom your done. :D  

So are you suggesting misting a larger than the window piece of tint, slam it on top edge first, push out to each edge of the window seal then trim it?

Yep, but I wouldn't slam it up ,you might crease it   :lol .Depending on how the seats line up with windows you might find it easier to precut on the outside as some have suggested . 

If you're lucky you'll be given a 40" inch roll. This will be almost exactly your window height. Most of your windows will be the same size, cut them slightly over-sized straight out of the box and trim your excess  as HG suggested.

Do you have gaskets or a black ceramic edge?

If you're lucky you'll be given a 40" inch roll. This will be almost exactly your window height. Most of your windows will be the same size, cut them slightly over-sized straight out of the box and trim your excess  as HG suggested.

Do you have gaskets or a black ceramic edge?

Its gaskets I've been told

Archived