Madico and sun Gard question

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use sungard gp max for my dealer cars, 35 fronts 20 rear, their 5% is pretty reflective but it all shrinks good. for an upgrade and for customers cars in the shop I use sungard Black Pearl, it has great color and shrinks pretty easy. for top of the line customers we use Wincos series, awesome stats, only thing is you have to know how to install what I call rice paper as the film is super thin, the liner is almost twice as thick but nice thing is you can get almost twice as much for this film compared to a standard tint job.

Madico's seems to  have always been happy with their standing in the industry and have been in film for as long as I can remember. If I were not happy with the top film brand at my place of business I would be looking their way or to Solar Gard (a brand I sold for many years with loyalty). Just my take.

I started my career in window tinting using Madico films, 14 years ago. I started out doing auto, and ventured into flat glass, and I was all Madico. Everything was great until about 2-3 years ago. After the acquisition of Sun Gard, all of their films changed, and not for the better.

I was seeing CharCOOL fail in 2 years, and flat glass films fail or come out of the box with inconsistencies. I have seen 8mil clear film look like it was produced on a beach fresh out of the box. Typically, it would be half of the roll (one half of the width) would look good, and the other half was trash. Color on the CharCOOL film changed, which made the occasional broken car window impossible to match, and CharCOOL never failed...never. It was our bread and butter film.

Some of the reason why I got out of the automotive market was because of Madicos films. I tried to replace with a diff manny, but was too used to my tried and true CharCOOL.

I expressed my concerns to my "rep" but it fell on deaf ears. Any time I came in on here to express my concerns, was the only time Mr Stewart or someone else from Madico would contact me.

I finally got fed up with being told if anything, the film was better, so I dropped Madico early this year. I occasionally buy film from them today.

Madico for a while has followed my posts here, so if they are reading this.....

I am the end user. I see problems and inconsistencies before you do. I'm not in business to remove film that my company installed due to premature failure. It looks bad on my name. As opposed to petting my head, you chose to make me out to look like a fool. You should have listened to your customers. I'm small peas compared to a lot of other dealers that I know, and they fled from you for the same issues, far sooner than I did. Your film is different. You even put damn near all film in a Sun Gard box. I lost the First-CUT name because of you clowns, as I was told I couldn't buy it any more, so even though I was a dealer, I had to buy CharCOOL as a name and not under First-CUT, which ended up costing me more, all bc of the Enpro/Madico split. Your new film is crap.

I started my career in window tinting using Madico films, 14 years ago. I started out doing auto, and ventured into flat glass, and I was all Madico. Everything was great until about 2-3 years ago. After the acquisition of Sun Gard, all of their films changed, and not for the better.

I was seeing CharCOOL fail in 2 years, and flat glass films fail or come out of the box with inconsistencies. I have seen 8mil clear film look like it was produced on a beach fresh out of the box. Typically, it would be half of the roll (one half of the width) would look good, and the other half was trash. Color on the CharCOOL film changed, which made the occasional broken car window impossible to match, and CharCOOL never failed...never. It was our bread and butter film.

Some of the reason why I got out of the automotive market was because of Madicos films. I tried to replace with a diff manny, but was too used to my tried and true CharCOOL.

I expressed my concerns to my "rep" but it fell on deaf ears. Any time I came in on here to express my concerns, was the only time Mr Stewart or someone else from Madico would contact me.

I finally got fed up with being told if anything, the film was better, so I dropped Madico early this year. I occasionally buy film from them today.

Madico for a while has followed my posts here, so if they are reading this.....

I am the end user. I see problems and inconsistencies before you do. I'm not in business to remove film that my company installed due to premature failure. It looks bad on my name. As opposed to petting my head, you chose to make me out to look like a fool. You should have listened to your customers. I'm small peas compared to a lot of other dealers that I know, and they fled from you for the same issues, far sooner than I did. Your film is different. You even put damn near all film in a Sun Gard box. I lost the First-CUT name because of you clowns, as I was told I couldn't buy it any more, so even though I was a dealer, I had to buy CharCOOL as a name and not under First-CUT, which ended up costing me more, all bc of the Enpro/Madico split. Your new film is crap.

Nice, honest appraisal TJ. :thumb

Manny's all over should listen more to the people on the ground. I have been told before by a rep that the film is fine and my skills must need improving :eye

Despite offering to put their film and any number of competitors film on a back glass and demonstrate to him how his film doesn't shrink or handle anywhere near as well as the others.

We don't expect miracles, but please treat us with a bit of respect or lose our business. And tinters talk to other tinters hmmm. :evileye

Archived