What line of film do YOU use?

Just seeing what line of film everyone uses & how they like it.. I'm currently using SolarFX & global, going to start using Johnsons for all architectural work..

Unless something has changed, Johnson only offers up to 60" wide rolls. Might be kinda tough to only offer that if you have some larger windows to do properly without having seems.  :dunno

SolarFX Prime is the only tint I use. It's a very good film and you couldn't ask for better people that sell it. The guys at dragon are very helpful all the time no questions asked. If you havent at least tried it I recommend giving a call to them!!

Global HP for auto and JWF for my main flat glass.  I also have used some ASWF and also whatever Richard at Solar Control St Louis has if I need a 72" or next day film....

JWF does only do 60" film but in my 15 years of tinting I have only had a few jobs that were over 60 but under 72 on the small sides.  So, in that they had to be seamed no matter what so JWF was as good as any.  I love the pre-cut program for JWF as it keeps me from having stock of film.  I can sell exactly what I think the customer needs and not be trying to sell "what is on the shelf".  For the small charge they cut it and give a great selection of widths to choose from allowing for very little waste most of the time....also better for the customer.  No "38 inch window coming out of a 60 inch roll" with the waste being charged.  Just a 40 inch width cut to size....rolled and ready to snap on the window.

Archived