Film not sticking to back glass

You guys keep saying leave it in the sun or heat it up good and push it down???  I can't remember the last time I had that much of a problem with a newer car of any kind, Accord or otherwise.  If I remember the bottom of these windows don't require a lot of shrink to make them lay down(pretty basic),,so you might be overshrinking it,,,also I think WickedTint is pretty close with his statement about not cutting the pattern to big. If it is "bottoming" out you should be able to tell during install and just bring it back up a little.

Honda matrix is tricky if you don't get the overlap just right.  To close and it will lift, and to much over the ceramic matrix and it will act funny also.

All of this leads me to believe there is a larger problem here.  Maybe film or slip but I'm leaning more towards operator error on this one  :dunno   :twocents

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember way back Fords having a similar issue on some cars. It was the frit causing it, as it was rough textured and there was fine frit dust which if not lightly sanded and wiped away thoroughly would cause side lifting just like that.

I know the side curtains on the sides of those Hondas can be tight sometimes, especially those bottom corners. Are the pillars pushing the tint up?

Very good possibility  Y---- , It takes less time to remove both sides and the deck and reinstall when the film is set , than to deal with the possible problems. 

Guest YourBluetoothsOn

I was having the same issue on 15 Accords only. I'm using SunTek HP film and TruCut patterns. It was only peeling right behind the brake light and usually a few days after install. Although I hate cutting out the 3rd brake light on any car, I've been doing it on the 15 Accords and haven't had a problem since. 

Guest tintguy93

Ive had issues with the film falling off the dots on the new models of accords and have had to use the DOT-FIX film over dots. But from those pictures it seems to be molding or installing errors not to sound like a dick. I use Llumar ATC CTX

Archived