Film not sticking to back glass

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2015 Honda Accord Film applied 2 weeks ago.  

What kind of film is that? 

Formula One Pinnacle 

Had similar issues. Try using the limo on the back glass, we had less problems with that. Also, I noticed the guys using a torch for heat shaping didnt have any issues, they also heat the lower section after installation. It's a great product though and the issue was limited to the Honda line. We also switched to Tint Slime for our installation solution, dont know if that made a difference but I really like using it.  

guys guys common, nobody has mentioned that the film maybe has not enough adhesive? when this happens you need to take 60 alcohol and 40 water spray that whiny biatch and it will sit, heating would be first thing but spraying it with alcohol solution will lay down, some films out there dont have as strong adhsive, espeically in the cooler months.

I'm not saying that I know what the problem is... but I have been getting a lot of calls lately about this issue.  Other cars and films are involved also.  May have something to do with the weather.  I'm sure it is more complex than that.  Anyway, just sharing what I know. 

Had similar problem with a Polo I tinted. Film wouldnt stick at the left top corner. Going to try another filmbrand just to see.. ordered some today. Never had this problem with any car I've tinted. It's a bit cold outside tho, about 3-4 ℃.....  told custy to wait until I got the other film and I would give it a go then 

You have to use super fine steel wool to prep these windows. the regular scrub pads just wont cut it. Also focus on all the corners especially. Problem solved. It's not the film of  ANY brand, Prep, Prep, Prep.

Thank you for the heads up. :thumb  Will buy some steel wool and try again, new appointment on tuesday :)

Llumar has a good glues. So I'm thinking that the window has some kind of coating on it.

prep it with steal wool.then I would use some straight water on the edges on the backglass.also after spraying the film go over the sides and bottom with hot straight water .then heat with torch and cool.

You have to use super fine steel wool to prep these windows. the regular scrub pads just wont cut it. Also focus on all the corners especially. Problem solved. It's not the film of  ANY brand, Prep, Prep, Prep.

Thank you for the heads up. :thumb  Will buy some steel wool and try again, new appointment on tuesday :)

0000 steel wool, will do just fine., after you scrub the window with that stuff just make sure to really wipe it down good with a microfiber towel. You will see what I mean when you look at the towel and see how much extra dirt the steel wool pulls off the window and defrost lines. You will also notice after installations how nicely the film lays down over defrost lines from the deeper clean that 0000 steel wool provides.

Archived